Prologue

^^Lucifer^^

Prologue

||3 months earlier||

Lucifer could not explain the amount of joy that he felt, being reunited with his wings. He hugged the white and fluffly, yet strong as steel, wings to his chest. He would have cried but that would have been inappropriate in the presence of Detective Chloe and Maze, so instead he place the wings back into the chest on the ground before closing it and carrying it to the van  that was parked just outside the warehouse.

He and the detective had received an anonymous text with the address of the abandoned warehouse and attached to the text had been a picture of his silky wings. Lucifer had instantly rushed out to the address without waiting for backup so Chloe called up Maze and they followed after him.

When he arrived at the address, true to the text. A chest that held his wings was there in the middle of the warehouse, he wondered whether this was a trap but didn't care, he was strong and supernatural and could not be harmed by humans. And his weakness, Chloe, wasn't around so he knew for sure that he could not get hurt by these petty humans.

When Chloe and Maze made it into the warehouse, that is when they'd found him cradling the wings to his chest, before he put them away and went to place them in the van he had snatched from outside the restaurant he and Chloe were when they got the text.

He had just closed the vans door when he noticed a strange smell in the air. He went to look around and just when he finally knew what the smell was, the warehouse was bathed with explosions and the force of the explosion had him flying against the building opposite the warehouse. It hurt and his head was bleeding, bleeding? Chloe was still inside the building, he got up to race towards the building but another explosion sent him flying, this time the explosion came from the van, My wings, no!

He got up to go to the van when he noticed the excruciating pain in his abdomen, looking down he saw a patch of blood that kept on growing on his white shirt. I'm bleeding, that means Chloe is still alive, she is the only reason I ever bleed. He started towards the building and ran through flames that had made a border along the entrance, the flames licked at his skin but the pain was unnoticeable to him, the adrenaline was just too high with his determination to save Chloe.

He looked around the building frantically, inhaling the smoke which caused him to go into a caughing fit. He couldn't see anything, where is she? He thought as the coughing got intense, and the pain in his lungs became worse than the one on his abdomen. He dropped on the floor to his knees and covered his mouth and nose as if to lessen the smoke he was inhaling, after a few minutes he collapsed onto the floor and couldn't move but could see his surroundings. He saw a crisp burnt body on the ground feet away from him, he didn't want to assume it was Chloe but deep down he knew it could only be her.

He looked at the burnt corpse and a lone tear ran down his cheek, he could literally feel his heart breaking and suddenly, the physical pain was gone because of how strong the emotional pain was. No, Chloe. Please no, I love you. Why didn't I tell her when she was alive?!

His thoughts occupied his whole being that he didn't notice the sirens and the Red and blue flashing lights, he just closed his eyes and let the darkness overcome him- he was unconscious.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
This here is a Lucifer fanfic, it is Manxman so if this is not your cup of tea, please don't drink from it (meaning leave peacefully).

Please vote, share and leave a comment.