Chapter 25: "Seth, I Need You."

Seth's POV

"What is it?" Roman asks with a sence of urgency in his tone.

I decide to mess with them a bit and wave the USB in the air.

"How much is it worth?" I ask and wink at them. They give me death glares in return.

"Seth!" Roman and Dean yell simultaneously.

"Fine, jeez calm." I say and hold my hands up in defense.

"What did you find?" Dean asks once we all sat down.

"Well, let's just say that Faye has a lot of hidden skeletons in her closet." I say in a deep voice and widen my eyes.

"Stop talking in fucking riddles." Dean impatiently says and I decide to stop messing with him.

"Sasha found records of intense messages between Faye and Dr Rogers. So I managed to hack it and bam!" I exclaim and gesture to the laptop.

There on the illuminated screen, is about 50 emails back and forth between Faye and Dr Rogers. But what really stands out is the last one.

I paid you 10K to fake the paternity test. So do it! And forget about their feelings. If you when think about telling Dean the truth, I will make sure that you pay for it.

"Holy shit, but that only proves that he isn't the father of her daughter. It doesn't really clear Kat's name?" Roman says and narrows his eyes.

"We thought of that, so that is when Sasha suggested that we get the real texts from Faye to Kat. After a lot of digging, hacking and cursing, we got it." I smugly say with a satisfied smile.
"I could kiss you right now!" Dean shouts and hugs me tightly.

"Uh, dude, I am like totally spoken for." I chuckle when Roman joins in on the hug.

I am spoken for, by a certain pink haired girl who stole my heart and kept it there.

"We probably look like a couple of girls taking about their feelings now." Roman laughs and we pull back.

"But what about the assault charge?" Dean asks with a frown.

"This evidence proves that Faye's lying about the so-called death  threats, so they will eliminate the assault charges. And plus, Kat has a rock solid alibi. She was basically on tour the whole week." I explain and smile smugly.

"I owe you and Sasha a years supply of beer." Deab grins and hits my back.

"I'll keep you to that, but let's get this evidence to the detective." I say and we go to the detective.

Time to get Kat out of this hell hole.

****

When Kat comes out of the waiting room, she looks absolutely shit.

But what overthrows that, it the big smile on her face.

"Dean!" She screams and jumps in his arm.

Roman and I smile at the couple and he bumps my shoulder.

"If that isn't enough for you to realize that you should properly fix things with Sasha, then I don't know." He says and almost instinctively, my hand grasps the silver engagement ring.

Dean gave it back to me, until I figure my shit out, but I have.

And I have a plan.

I give the ring to Roman and his eyes widen.