A

Dedicated to hellacious_ because I read Colours and damn that is a good book. Link for Colors is in the external link and it's 39175545 if you're on mobile.

UNEDITED; Quick favor, can you guys maybe go back and vote/comment on the last chapter again? I had to re-upload it. Thanks guys xx

~~~~~

"What the hell happened to you?"

"Nothing Mom." Declan ducked his head and pulled out a pack of frozen meat. "You should've seen the other guy."

"Oh I will. Show me that!" Mrs.Qarr pulled the pack away from her son's face and cringed. "Who did this?"

"It was no one Mom. Really, I handled it."

"Obviously."

"I swear! It was a little manly competition between us boys." The irony didn't quite set it when he said it.

"That didn't answer my question..."

"Really, it's okay. Trust me, I got into a fight."

"I thought I told you to not get into fights! It reflects badly on the family..." Declan set his head down on the table. He shut his eyes and nodded mutely.

"Do not disobey me Delcan." His mother reprimanded sternly and Declan felt a shock run through him.

Declan howled in pain and another hard object came in contact with his face. It would definitely bruise.

"You didn't do what I told you to."

Declan whimpered in response, the throbbing in his stomach growing by the second. Broken ribs? Probably not. A couple hundred bruises? For sure.

"Declan Qarr, you will not disobey me again."

"Hey mom?" Slowly, tiny pieces of a plan were fitting themselves into Declan's brain. He liked what he was imagining but in order to fulfill his fantasy, he needed a little extra help.

"Yeah?"

"Say I wanted to track down a phone number."

"Why would you want to do that?"

"Hypothetically, say I wanted to track down a phone number. Is there anyway I can do it at home?"

His mother was about to respond when a booming noise came from above. The sound waves seemed to penetrate the walls and actually shake them. Immediately, Declan began seeing spots in his vision.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM.

Declan's body shook with every punch. He was being used as a punching bag... Literally. The plasticky material of boxing gloves was painful against every bruise and every cut on his toned skin.

"Stop, please." He whimpered and begged again and again. He was broken on the outside and his mental state wasn't doing any better. Never did Declan Qarr whimper. Never did he break down in tears. And never did he beg.

"Declan Qarr, whimpering and begging. My sources tell me you never whimper or beg. So I'm going to ask you a question."

"Anything to make it stop." He whispered. And it was the truth; at this point, Delcan was willing to do anything to make his attacker stop.

"Who is in-charge?"

"You." He sounded breathless. Any other situation, Declan would've made an innuendo about it. But today was not like any other day.

"And what are you?" The attacker jabbed his cold, bare finger into Declan chest at the last word.

"A little... little pawn in your- your master plan." Declan stuttered out. He was having problems breathing and between each word he took sharp, painful breaths.