A Very Merry Christmas Special

The metallic tapping of a keyboard was the only sound to be heard in the room alongside of the crackle of the fake fire from the Television. Outside of the window the landscape was wearing a thick layer of white snow and the lake had frozen solid. The temperatures outside were unsuited for man, woman, or four legged companion. The surrounding houses were brightly lit up and had various decorations for the occasion, for a certain holiday was encroaching upon us.

"Damn it Director." I murmured as I raised my hand to my head as it started to ache, temporarily taking my hand away from the keyboard. "My head is starting to ache from all this work...." I said and rested my head back against the chair. I never could catch a break, even after several singularities and near death experiences, I was still worked to the bone even on my time off. "Maybe I should start seeing a Psychologist to deal with all this stress..." I murmured to myself as I held my face in my hands. "No if I do that a certain someone will give me crap." I said and then rubbed my temples. It was then when I felt something poking me and I looked down to see the golden muzzle of my Dog, Shadow, sitting by my side.

"Hey Shadow." I said and lowered my hand down and rubbed him on the forehead. Shadow rested his muzzle on the side of my chair and looked at me with pitiful eyes as I rubbed him behind the ears. "I know, I know Shadow. You want attention, but these assignments have to get done other wise the Director will have my head." I said and Shadow let out a whimper. "Or whoever the hell is in charge of sending this work my way." I murmured. It was probably some cheeky bloke sitting at a computer at Chaldea, lucky bastard probably gets paid for every assignment he gives out. "Either that or it is the Director, that woman must feed off of despair and misery." I said rubbing the side of my face. "Couldn't Chaldea at least hold off on the workload though, it is the Holidays." I murmured, but then again it's not like I had anything planned for the Holidays. Every Holiday I just sit home and do nothing, usually play Video games with my few remaining male friends I have left or watch YouTube videos on the TV. Still though I wouldn't mind doing that over all this work, this has been my Holiday Season almost every year for the past few years. I sighed and looked down at Shadow. "I guess this year will be no different than the rest Shadow."

"Senpai!" A familiar voice exclaimed and I felt someone's hands on my knees and I shot my head up to see the familiar face of the girl I've been living with for the past few years.

"Ah Mashu!" I exclaimed as Mashu stood over me with her hands on my knees, Mashu wore her usual black rimmed glasses as she always wore outside of missions and had on a grey turtleneck and a blue and red checkered skirt with black stockings. Mashu was looking extremely cheerful, but then again she always looked cheerful.

"Senpai what are you up to?!?" Mashu asked staring at me intently.

"Well as you can see I'm on my computer Mashu, I'm doing more work from Chal......" I explained before being cut off by Mashu.

"No, No, No, No!" Mashu exclaimed shaking her head. "Do you not know what today is?" Mashu exclaimed shaking my legs and I held onto my laptop so it did not fall off my lap.

"Y-Yeah? It's a Sunday." I replied and Mashu frowned a little.

"Noooo! Today is Christmas Eve Senpai!" Mashu exclaimed. "Don't tell me you forgot about Christmas!" Mashu said with a worried expression and I glanced to my side at the Christmas Tree.

"No of course I didn't forget, I put up the Christmas tree and the decorations with you. How could I forget?" I replied.

"Then what are you doing lazing about Senpai!" Mashu exclaimed. "It's already the afternoon and we haven't done anything!" Mashu added.

"But I told you Mashu I'm working, Chaldea sent me more work...." I said before being cut off once more by Mashu.

"Absolutely not! You've been working every Christmas after our first Christmas together!" Mashu exclaimed squeezing my kneecaps. "No more working, I want to do something fun together!" Mashu said wagging her finger at me.