Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4

I walk and walk but nothing comes. I start to think about my family. What is happening to them at this moment? What are they doing right now? How are they doing? Then my thoughts turn to the attic. What if they got rid of all my books? How will I read when I’m dead? Do I even remember the stories that are in the pages?-

 Of course I do; that’s a silly question. I try to recall all the stories. Harry Potter is about a boy who lived against a killing curse. The Lord of the Rings is about a deadly ring and Frodo has to destroy it. Divergent is about… I keep forgetting! It was one of my least favorite stories, anyway.

I am deep in my thoughts when I trip over something. It’s a… shoe. It’s a sneaker, covered with mud and blades of grass. It looks soggy, and the rim of the shoe is ripping off.

The white light appears beneath it. Finally, I thought I would never get out of here. I remember I went camping with mom, dad, and Ron. We were camping in a evergreen forest. It was spring time and the trees were blooming with flowers and fruits already. Later on, Ron and I went exploring and we found a swamp, a clearing, and a bees’ nest.  It was a happy time until a bear attacked us in the woods. Ron took one look at it and ran. In the end, it ate our tent and the grill. I guess that bear was really hungry. I remember I lost it while running away and fell in a swamp. How is it still wet with swamp water?

I reached out for the shoe but it disappears. Again. I got pretty mad at this place. It won’t let me have any of my old possessions.

My mind drifted back to my family. How is Julie? Ron? Mom and dad? I wished I could go back and see them again. Julie must have celebrated her 7th birthday by now. She was turning 7 the day after I died. What about school? If I had lived, would have I ever gone into college? Would have I ever gotten a job? If only I could go back… 

And then I turned to my books again. If only I could hold them, read them. Call me obsessed with my books, but a book is a book. I am particularly obsessed with Harry Potter. My mind started to slow until I couldn’t take it anymore. I fall to the floor and close my eyes.

I feel something poking my arm. I grudgingly open my eyes and see that the object that was poking me was a cat. A ginger cat with deep yellow eyes and matted fur. I blink and it meows. It sort of looks like a Persian cat, but with a lot more hair, if that’s possible. It sort of… pats my face and meows again. I sit up and the ginger cat curls up in my lap. I push it off and it meows. If only I hadn’t had the urge to pet and hug anything cute and fluffy, I would have pushed it off and left it there. I scooped it up, pet it, and walked on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OMG YAY IM FINISHED WITH CHAPTER 4! ONTO CHAPTER 5!!

*hint*

almost done with the book

*wince*

PLEASE DON'T KILL ME, GEMMA! 

*waves*

Bye now...

~Mayma~