Chapter 16 - Would You Rather

Ethan and I laid in bed. I turn over to face him and he does the same.

"How do you feel about all this?" I ask. "Now that we get a long."

"I'm not angry about it anymore." He said. "I think I'm lucky that I have an arranged marriage with you. You're pretty cool at times."

I laugh. "Do you miss Sarah?"

Ethan turned back to the ceiling. "Of course." He said. "She was my first love."

"She seems nice."

"She was." Ethan smiled. "She was always that person that was up for an adventure."

"I'm sorry." I whisper.

"What was that?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing." I mutter.

Ethan grabbed my hand. "Hey," he said. "It's not your fault."

I feel tears pinch my eyes. "Can you turn the light off? Can we go to sleep?"

"Yeah." Ethan said weirdly. "Sure."

He turned over and switched the light off. I turn onto my side, with my back to Ethan. I started to cry. And I put my hand over my mouth so he wouldn't hear me. But he did. And instead of asking me what was wrong, I felt his arms around my body. Ethan brought me in close and held me tightly.

"It's okay." He whispered. "I'm sorry that this had to happen."

I turned around and faced him. He wiped the tears out of my eyes and he smiled at me. There was a tiny bit of light coming out of the bathroom and I only just see the smile on his lips. He cupped my cheek and he kissed my forehead. But he didn't break the eye contact. He inched closer and closer to me, his lips nearly on mine. He sat up, leaning on his arm and he placed his fingers underneath m chin.

"You are amazing." He whispered. "I wouldn't ask for anyone else to marry."

He placed his lips onto mine and I kissed him back. I grab onto his hair and I bring him in close. His bare chest was on mine.

But... Would you rather Sarah?