Chapter 17 - Rainy Cliche's

"Here we are." Ethan smiled.

He pulled up and put the car into park.

"Wow." I say. "This is beautiful."

We were on top of a hill and I look at Ethan. He was smiling at the view. He took off his belt and got out. I follow him as we walk toward a statue. The clouds were coming in and it was about to rain.

"The wedding is in a few days." I state.

"I know." He said not taking his eyes off the view.

"Are you scared?"

He shook his head. "No."

I look at the view as I felt sadness coming through me. Everyday it had felt like I was waking up with this pain in my stomach. I just wanted Ethan to be happy. I don't want him to marry me when he's in love with somebody else. I want my marriage to be real. I want to marry someone who truly loved me.

The rain started pouring in and I groan.

"Yes!" Ethan yelled.

"Yes?" I yell over the rain. "Who likes the rain?"

"Don't you feel alive?" He laughed, feeling the rain on his hands. "Doesn't it make you want to do something crazy?"

"No!" I yell. "It makes me want to run to shelter."

Ethan laughed grabbing my hand. "Feel it."

"I am! And I hate it!"

"Stop being so negative!" He chuckled.

I stood there with Ethan's hand in mine. I felt the rain dropping onto my body and I look up at Ethan with a smile.

"You like it."

"I don't." I laugh. "Lets get to the car!"

Ethan shook his head. "Admit you love the rain."

"I love the rain." I say with an eye roll.

"Say it like you mean it, Stone."

I laugh as I shake my head. "I love the rain."

"Yell it!"

"No!" I say unable to control my laughter. "This is so cliche!"

"Yell it!"

I roll my eyes. "I love the rain!"

He picked me up and smiled at me. And I loved his smile so, so much. His smile could cause any girl to fall in love with him. He placed his lips onto mine. My legs were wrapped around his waist. This was stupid. This was a scene in a movie. But it was a scene that I had always wanted to live in.

He broke the kiss and he smiled at me.

"You aren't bad." Ethan smiled.

"Neither are you."