j

it's a new school,

a new beginning. maybe hopefully i can find a boy who doesn't just break hearts this time..

-- 

i walk into the school and take in my surroundings, below me cracked pavement covers the earth and i see a big red brick building with marble stairs that lead up to double doors with a sign above saying "office". to my left there is a smaller red brick building with the letter A printed onto the side of it. then a whole row of red brick buildings, much like the one with the A printed on it, which i assume must be the classrooms which are all connected via a long hallway. students gather in their own small groups mingling with each other. since i know no one i stand off to the side by myself and pull out my timetable and look at what i have on today.

josh dun    year: 11                                                                                                           serial number ***********

homeroom | room A3 

p1 - mathematics | room C6

p2 - american history | room A9

p3 - science | room E9

p4 - art | room D4

p5 - english | room B7

i sigh and walk to homeroom, seeing as the doors open i walk in and take a seat at the back corner, a mocha haired boy sits off to the side doodling in his notebook and listening to music. 

"n-nice drawing." i compliment him.
the boy looks up and our eyes meet.
"thanks." he whispers.
"i'm josh by the way, josh dun". he smiles
" nice to meet you josh, josh dun. i'm tyler" he sticks out his hand for me to shake. my cold hands meet his soft warm ones.

we are snapped out of our gaze when people start to walk into the classroom.
"seats not taken if you want it." he gestures to a seat next to him.

seeing as he's my first and only friend i've made i take this opportunity and sit down.  people pile into this classroom, talking with each other. there are some pretty boys hanging out with their boyfriends. oh how i long for that.

i look down at the cracked wooden desk infront of me as the teacher reads out roll-call. i don't listen to the other names i just hear mine and tylers. theres something special about tyler. something that draws me in. i want to know more about this boy.