Chapter Seven

~Sierra Sparks~

I sigh, taking a step out into the fresh San Antonio air. I make my way down the sidewalk, wanting to clear my mind on this Sunday night before having to go back to school tomorrow. I’d have to face ‘The Crew’ giving me stares. I already know they will. I mean I was in their friend’s bed.

I sigh once again. Why am I here? What is my purpose in being here? Seriously?

“Where is it!?!?” I hear a wild voice grumble in the park nearby by. The guy was speaking to a group of 5 guys who I immediately recognize as ‘The Crew’.

I ran to hide behind a tree. My instinct told me to run, yet my curiosity made me stay. What are they doing?

“We have it right here, Rocco…” Austin says, pulling out something shiny and shimmery. I peak my head out from behind the tree, but just enough so I could see them but they couldn’t see me.

“Hand it over!” The man, Rocco, says. He sounds so angry.

“I-” Austin starts before gun shots are fired. The hairs on my body immediately stand up. I find myself trembling. I fall to the ground in fear to avoid the shots if they seem to be coming my way. But I make sure I can still see. I watch as Austin drops whatever is in his hand and make a run for it, along with the other 4 boys. The man also runs in the other direction as fast as he can.

I stay where I am, feeling my heart pumping so quickly. The gunshots stop, and no one is in sight. I’m not sure to move or not, so I decide to crawl. I need to get out of here, quick. Yet I really want to grab whatever Austin dropped. What is it?

I look over at it, just seeing it lying there. So I crawl over, slowly. Sierra, no. I try to tell myself, yet when my hand grabs it I know it’s too late to give up. I slide it into my sweatshirt pocket, before crawling back to the tree. I then lean against it, not wanting to move. I am seriously terrified of standing up. Staying low is my best bet.

***

I don’t know how long I sat there, but I know Austin and The Crew came back. Even the man, Rocco does. I can hear them talking, and I even decide to look.

“Did you take the CD?” Austin asks Rocco, looking up at him. Rocco’s face is pale and he shakes his head.

“Fuck!” Alex cusses, running his hand through his hair. Even Austin looks frustrated.

“We’re screwed. What if they have it?” Robert hisses, causing Austin to let out a worried groan. Who is they? Why would it be bad if they had it? What is on this CD that is so valuable? My curiosity is going to make me look at it once I get home. What if I look at it and I’m put in danger?

“Let’s head home, and talk this out. Rocco, we’ll call you later,” Tyler says being the only one not cussing furiously. He looks so calm. I get why people like Tyler the most. He looks adorable and you can tell he has a heart and manners.

Austin chuckles coldly before I hear him mutter, “I’m dead.”

***

When I get home I find myself wanting to look so badly, yet… I don’t want to look. So I take an empty CD case and put this is. Its label reads ‘Mix Tape <3’. I have this incase I ever decided to make one. Yet I didn’t. I had no one who would be eager to listen.

I slide it into a stack of them, right in the middle so it doesn’t look obvious. My mind then starts to wander. What if they saw me? What if they come over here to kill me? What if I get asked questions about it? What is even on the CD?

What’s so important about some stupid CD?

Tomorrow… I plan on looking at it and finding out.

It’s going to kill me if I don’t so I’ll wait till tomorrow. Right now I need sleep. I need to sleep and think everything over. Because this is too much. I’m now apart of something I shouldn’t even be apart of in the first place.