Chapter Thirty

~Sierra Sparks~

"So Sierra how have you been feeling?" She asks as I feel Austin's big hand be placed on my thigh. When he does that it makes my leg stop shaking. I am REALLY nervous about this dinner. I don't want to mess up. I don't want to say the wrong thing. I don't want her to hate me. That wouldn't be good. I know how close Austin and her are. I wonder if she knows about the disc. She probably knows about the murder since it was a court case.

"I've been feeling better. It was just an uh... slip," I say. I just want this dinner to be over with. I really hate meeting the parents.

"So you dance?" She continues, sending me a comforting smile. I can feel my palms get sweaty. This isn't good for my anxiety. This is really bad.

I feel Austin rub my leg, making me glance at me. He sends me one of his comforting smiles; making me forget about everything. She's just a person. Just talk to her like that.

"Yeah," I say, looking back in her direction.

"She can sing too, mom," Austin brags, making my cheeks heat up a bit. I don't think I'm good. According to Austin, I'm more then just good. I wouldn't say that... I mean I'm not tone deaf at least...

Austin's mom shoots me a smile, making me feel nervous once again. People can just make me nervous a lot. I feel Austin's hand slide into my empty one, and give it a squeeze. He's such a good boyfriend... Boyfriend. Wow. I can say that now.

"Anyways, how is school going kids?" she asks. She seems really nice. Why am I so nervous?

"It's school so not very fun, but I keep my grades up," I voice, making Austin let out a chuckle.

"What? Is that such a surprise? I'm quite a nerd," I say to Austin, looking over at him and smiling proudly. Austin just shakes his head at me, looking down with the cutest grin. He lets out a light chuckle, making my heart flutter and smile.

"What's so funny?" I continue, and I even let out a laugh. Ms. Mahone watches us in awe which I don't mind. I'm starting to feel real comfortable.

"I always see you on your computer, eating a snack, and watching netflix. Are you sure?" He asks, making me take my hand from him and give him a playful nudge. I give him a pouty face as he continues to chuckle.

"You're so mean to me," I pout, and he just shakes his head in a complete fit of laughter.

"What's your GPA?" Ms. Mahone speaks up. I look over at her, still smiling.

"4.0," I say, looking over to see Austin is surprised. I do really well in school surprisingly. I sort of realized that if I slack off then I'm not smart, but when I focus on it I can get it done and done good.

"Wait, really?" Austin asks and I nod.

"I'm not that smart," I say, but Austin slides his hand into mine under the table. I intertwine our fingers and smile at Austin. He always does romantic gestures in surprise and I now expect them to happen.

"Are you kidding? Why-" Austin starts, but we are interrupted by gun shots and then glass shattering. Austin covers me immediately, pulling me off the chair and to under the table. Those shots make my skin crawl as Austin pulls me into his chest.

I grip onto his shirt, and look over noticing his mom not look scared at all.

"Austin, get me the gun," she says, making my skin crawl more. She knows about him? I guess he does tell his mom a lot. She seems so chill as Austin pulls out the gun from under his shirt that was tucked into his pants. Does he always have that?

I try my best not to cry. That would be bad right now. I can't cry. I just can't.

I watch as Austin hands her the gun. People are still shooting which makes my ears sting and ring. I can feel the fear in my blood. I am so scared. I feel Austin pull me closer to him and whisper into my ear,

"Babe, I'm here..."

He sshs me as his mom heads off to deal with these people, which scares me. I know it scares Austin too. It's his mom.

"Austin! Go with her!" I say so he can hear me. He shakes his head no so I pull myself away and nod my head.

"Go!" He looks at me and I can tell deep down he is so scared. He doesn't want to show it, but I can see it. I'm in love with him so I can read him unlike others. Of course I'm scared to let him go join her unarmed but he wants to check on her.

"Austin! Go!" I yell, getting anger. "I'll be fine!" I continue, him nodding his head before going somewhere. I'm not sure where, but I stay under the table, shaking in fear.

Unlike other moms who don't know their kid is in a gang, it's weird to know one does. Does she know I know? Probably. Austin tells her everything. I can see how close they are. I personally thought he'd hate his mom, but no. I was wrong.

The shots soon suddenly stop and I hear Ms. Mahone yell were clear, but I'm still frozen in fear.

I see Austin come back to me, putting his hand out for me to take so he can help me up. I shake my head though. This causes Austin to sigh before leaning down and lifting me up from under my arm pits.

I couldn't cry. Not now.

I wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. I cuddle my head into his neck, scared to look at anyone. I hate that sound so much and knowing I could've lost Austin scares me. He could've got shot.

"Ma, I'm going to take Sierra up to my room," Austin speaks up. I don't hear response from his mom. I'm guessing she shook her head. I have no idea though. I'm too scared to look up.

I grip onto Austin's shirt that is behind his neck, completely shaking now. My body gave into my fear once again. Austin rubs my back as he carries me upstairs. I can hear the faint noise of Ms. Mahone talking to someone. Probably on the phone since no one is responding.

I hear a door open and I know I'm safe. When I'm just with Austin, I feel safe. Sounds crazy, but today I knew he would make sure I didn't get hurt.

"I'm going to set you down, Sierra, then I'm going to lay with you, okay?" Austin asks. I nod my head that still rests in his neck. I lift it up and I'm immediately comforted by those familiar eyes. He sends me a wild grin when he sees my face.

"Beautiful as usual," he speaks before placing me onto the bed. I unwrap myself from him. I slide in under the covers, and Austin joins me. He wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me close to him.

I place a hand on his cheek, tracing circles on it as I look into his eyes. He stares back into mine, making me feel like I'm the only girl for him and I'm the only girl he sees. Something about his eyes really do interest me. I talk about them too much. I just love them. I just love him.

He places his hand on top of mine as it rests on his cheek.

"You're safe now, Sierra. No one is going to hurt you..."