Truth

After a while of thinking, Kaito steps out of his room. He glances around, noticing only a few of the others wandering about. The rest must have returned to their rooms.
     Kaede approaches Kaito. "Kaito?" she says.
     "Huh? Oh, hey, Kaede."
     "Maki says she needs to speak with you."
     Kaito nods. "S-she does?" Oh no. What's gonna happen?
     "Yeah. She's in her room."
     "A-a-alright...."
     Kaede nods and walks off towards Shuichi's room.
     Kaito blinks. He walks to Maki's room, hiding the fact that he's nervous. He presses on the doorbell multiple times, as usual.
     Maki opens the door. She looks up at Kaito and pulls him into the room, shutting the door quickly.
     "A-ah! Maki Roll?"
     Maki turns to Kaito. "Kaito. We need to talk."
     "Uh...a-about what?" the tall male asks.
     She steps closer. "What Kokichi had said earlier. About you liking me."
     Kaito grows red. Sweat beads slightly dot his forehead. "Oh... T-that..."
     "Is it true?"
     Kaito blinks. "What?"
     "Is it true?" Maki repeats.
     Kaito grows still. He doesn't seem as nervous as before, but is still blushing. Suddenly he hugs Maki. "Well..."
     Maki blushes. She looks up at him with widened eyes. "No?"
     Kaito shakes his head. "N-no! Of course I like you, Maki Roll!" Whoops. That slipped out.
     Maki opens her mouth, slightly shocked. She pulls away from Kaito. "O-okay." She nods a bit. "Just needed a confirmation."
     Kaito looks a little disappointed. "Oh... Alright..."
     "You can...um...go do whatever now..." Maki mutters as she plays with one of her twin tails.
     "Alright..." Kaito starts walking, then stops. He suddenly whirls around and kisses Maki's cheek quickly. He then exits the room.
     Maki looks even more shocked than before. She touches her cheek quietly. The truth was revealed. But...people would see her soft side if she admits her feelings for Kaito. Maybe it could be...a secret...just between them...
- - -

YES YES YES I FEEL SO PROUD AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Next chapter will be up soon! Lol, I thought this was the end tbh but I apparently tricked myself. (???)
Hope you enjoyed. See ya!