𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

The walk back to the Henderson residence was a quiet one. Neither Mollie nor Kieran had to say anything. They were content with just being in each other’s company.

Mollie found it strange how comfortable she was around Kieran despite not knowing him for that long but some part of her knew that Liam trusted him and knew that he was a good guy. If it was good enough for Liam then it was good enough for her.

The walk back from the park to the Henderson residence was a short one and before she knew it, the two teenagers were standing on Mollie’s doorstep. They didn’t say much to each other until a big gust of wind blew, making the blonde girl shiver slightly.

“You can come in if you want?” Mollie started to get awkward, rocking back and forth on her heels as she looked to Kieran who was simply staring back at her. She had been so comfortable around him just five minutes ago but now, she had absolutely no idea how to act around him. The only thing that was going through her mind was the kiss that they had shared at Celtic Park and how they were yet to discuss it.

“Thanks but I should probably be getting home. We have early morning training tomorrow.” The teenager pointed out and Mollie nodded her head in understanding, her blonde locks falling into her face.

She was about to turn around and open the front door to the house when Kieran called out to her, his Glaswegian accent thick as he did so.

“Are you free tomorrow?” Mollie was taken aback by his question. She wasn’t quite sure why because she enjoyed spending time with him and she had hoped that he had felt the same way.

“Yes, why?” A small smile played on her lips as the idea of spending yet another day with Kieran started to make her feel giddy.

“Would you like to go out?” Kieran felt the nerves bubble up from the pit of his stomach and into his throat, making his voice quiver and almost making it crack but somehow, he kept himself together and for that, he was proud of himself.

Mollie wasn’t quite sure what it was that Kieran was asking her. She wasn’t sure if he was asking her as a friend or perhaps as something more. Some part of her wanted him to ask her as something more.

“Like, a date?” Her voice was timid as she asked the question that she desperately wanted to know the answer to.

The awkwardness between the two teenagers was almost unbearable and Liam watched his cousin and teammate from the living room window. He knew that Kieran was as good as they come and it was obvious that he cared about Mollie. That was enough for Liam to be satisfied that Mollie was in good hands.

“If you want it to be?” Again, Kieran questioned. He wasn’t very good when it came to girls and so he had absolutely no idea if Mollie was going to laugh in his face or be over the moon at the prospect of going on a date with him.

“I’d like that very much.” She offered him a soft smile as a blush dusted over her freckled cheeks. He returned the gesture before turning on his heels and walking down her street, reminding himself to text her the details of their date later on in the evening.

Stepping back into her house, Liam was straight to the front door and bombarding his cousin with questions but Mollie ignored them all, too much in a daze that contained the thoughts of Kieran Tierney to answer.

"Did he ask you on a date? Is that why you're blushing and so quiet?" Liam teased, poking his cousin's cheek that had flushed a shade of pink.

If there was anything that Liam loved about being so close to his cousin, it was their playful relationship and being able to push her buttons whenever he pleased. Mollie didn't enjoy it quite as much as Liam but, when given the opportunity, she was perfectly capable of getting her own back and sometimes acquired the help of her younger cousin and Liam's brother, Euan.

"He definitely asked you on a date!" Liam exclaimed, excitement laced in his voice. If it had been any other boy asking his cousin on a date, he would not have been as happy as he currently was. He would dig out his interrogation strategies to determine whether he was good enough for his cousin but knowing Kieran, things were great.

"Don't get all protective, please. I really don't want you to scare him away." Mollie pleaded with Liam as they made their way through to the kitchen.

Dinner time was fast approaching and with both of them having big appetites, it was only natural that they started to prepare what they would be eating later on.

As Mollie took the tray of raw chicken out of the fridge, she gave her cousin a pointed stare. Her stare was sharp and a warning to him, one that he would be stupid to ignore.

"Okay, I won't. I promise but just know, if he hurts you, I can't say for sure that he'll ever play football again." It was one of many threats that Liam had used over the years and perhaps the most popular. It seemed to scare the boys enough that they never intentionally hurt Mollie but it didn't stop her from ending up heartbroken in the end. She just hoped that this time would be different.

Written: 27th December
Edited: 5th August 2020 - 18th June 2021
Published: 18th June 2021

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

a/n: surprise! I haven't updated this book in what feels like forever. Although this book is mostly written already, it's undergoing a lot of editing and if you know me, you know that I hate editing but we're getting there! I got super inspired after seeing Kieran play against England last night 😍🏴󐁧󐁢󐁳󐁣󐁴󐁿 he was an absolute rock and as always, seeing him in the Scotland kit, he was stunning!

Who's winning Euro 2020?
- Belgium, Portugal, Italy and The Netherlands all look pretty good thus far!

Enjoy and stay safe!

Lots of love, e x