The Mage Universe

A bit of background on the religious side of the Mage Universe…

 Each element has its own powerful deity and their own traits.

The Aire temples are the Watchers, they are the wise ones, who offer advice, but never try to persuade, manipulate.

Their opposites are the Earthe Religion- those who change the environment around them- they are more involved, and archaic, their temples containing primitive ‘booby traps’ for the unsuspecting lurker.

The closest Religion to Aire is Oceane. They are the healers, who run Hospitals for the sick. They are kind and courteous, but considered rather weak when it comes to fighting.

Their counterpart is Fyre, the warriors. They are the most vicious and yet, ironically, it is they who have the most control over their emotions. Their honor is their most important virtue; they would rather give their life than betray a promise.

Then there is the religion of the Shadows. Their formal name is the Darknesse, but that name is only used by the monks of their order. They are cunning and devious and are always planning. They are not evil, but many have ‘fallen’. They specialize in the darker side of nature.

Then finally we reach Light. They are the symbol for Hope. They are the chivalrous group, the Protectors of the Innocents, Fighters of Evil.

Together the six Religions formed the basis of Mage Religion, the foundation of their worship. Each religion is spread over the universe, far and wide. Spreading their knowledge, while at the same time gaining new comprehension of their universe.

There are four Gods.

The Father-Earth,

The Mother- Fire,

The Daughter- Water,

And the youngest,

The Son- Air

The Family also includes two others-

 The Light and The Dark

These are the Primary Gods of the Universe…