Forms

She didn’t see him again for a few days. She waited patiently. She wasn’t sure what to do next, and was happy to wait. It gave her time to sort out her feelings. She wished her friends from the Earth kingdom were with her. They’d help her. They have experience in the whole dealing with gods thing. One of them was a demi-goddess! She’d know what to do. But who knows where she was now. Last Ava had heard, she was on some Outland planet. She sighed, glad for the extra time, but also missing her God too. When had that happened? When had she begun feeling attached? When had he become hers?

She sighed again, detachedly noting that the frequency of her sighs had increased with meeting Him.

Suddenly she felt a pair of strong arms around her waist. She gasped, stepped forward, turned and slapped the man behind her.

The man in return smiled sheepishly. “I didn’t mean to startle you.”

She gaped at him. “God?” she asked, looking him up and down.  He was taller now, almost lanky instead of childish. His white hair was just a bit messier than his normal form. Basically, he looked like a teenage version of his childish self.

“Call me Aire,” he told her. She slapped her hands over her mouth, She had just…slapped…her God.

“I…I’m so sorry,” she said panickedly. “I didn’t realise it was…”

He gave her a proper smile. “My fault.”

She gave him a small smile back.

He reached over to pull away the stray hair that, as always, had fallen over her face. “You said I looked too young.”

She gave a small chuckle and looked down. He looked better now, a mixture of cute and hotness.  She blushed. He looked amazing.

He bent slightly, so he could look into her eyes. “Something wrong?  You’re usually much more talkative.”

She didn’t respond. He grinned. “Have I startled you?”

“No.” she said, bluntly. “It’s just…different.”

He placed a hand under her chin, so that she was forced to look him in his pale blue eyes. “Do you want me to change back?”

“No!” she said quickly. He grinned knowingly. “I mean… No. I like you like this.”

He smiled and kissed her forehead. “I have to go for a while.”

She didn’t respond.

“Bye,” he whispered into her ear, before vanishing once again.