Her's (Realization)

Saturday, Prom night.

I spent the whole week doing whatever your mom has scheduled for me.

I really was missing you already so I couldn’t see the point of having to go to that Prom.

You still haven’t texted me yet.

The day after the Prom was my 18th birthday and for the first time in over thirteen years we’ve known each other, I would have to celebrate it without you.

It hurts me more than anything.

“Why can you just go home tonight?”

“Why did you have to go to that game?”

“Why can’t you leave my mind for even just one minute?”

I was sitting on my bed that night, wearing this really fabulous gown but I couldn’t even appreciate the beauty of it.

I was on the verge of tears.

I couldn’t go to the prom.

I really couldn’t because if I do, I feel like I’d just break down there and cry.

I can’t understand myself anymore.

Then suddenly, the door to my bedroom opened.

Every hurt, every worry I have vanished.

You were there, leaning in my door frame casually as if you’ve never left.

Staring at me very intently as if memorizing every single bead on my dress.

I was really, totally surprised.

One minute I am cursing you in my head begging you to come back and the next, you are in front of me, fulfilling the only wish I have for my birthday – for you to come home.

After almost a minute of just staring at each other, you grinned and I couldn’t help myself anymore.

I jumped out of bed and stride directly onto your open arms.

‘I terribly missed you.’ You told me while hugging me tightly but very carefully.

I told you I’ve missed you too and I thought you’d never come home.

You just laugh and kissed me on my forehead before letting me go.

I could feel my cheeks heating in an instance.

My heart was beating so fast I’m afraid you’d hear it.

You smiled and told me to give you 30 minutes to prepare for the prom.

You said you’d be my escort for the night and I couldn’t say no.

I wouldn’t even if you gave me the chance.

So I just answered okay and you left me after pinching my left cheeks.

It was a good thing you turn around at once after doing that because if you didn’t, you’ve probably saw how red I am.

You’ve been gone for almost 20 minutes but my heart still won’t settle.

Those five minutes we’ve talked kept on playing on my mind.

Then suddenly, I realized how important you are to me.

How much you can affect me with just your smile.

How much I will never afford to lose you.

And then it suddenly dawned on me, so suddenly I was caught off guard.

You suddenly knocked on my door, went inside and stand right in front of me.

You looked like you just came out of a fairytale story, so dashing in your tux and crooked smile.

I’m just staring at you the whole time, memorizing each and every second of that night, knowing that in that very moment, something very important realization is coming as you were gently taking my hands while looking seriously in my eyes.

You smiled and said: “Allow me to be your prince even just for this precious night, my princess.”

Then you kissed the tip of my fingers just like a real prince.

I just smiled and nod.

I’m speechless.

For the first time, I couldn’t find the right word to answer you.

And I couldn’t trust myself to speak because if I do, I am certain that the only words that will come out of my mouth could utterly change everything we have.

"I love you."

And I don’t have the courage to tell you that.

I don’t want to risk our friendship.

I could never afford to lose you, especially now that I am certain about my feelings.

"But I really do love you."

As we walked down to the car, where dad and your mom were waiting for us, I could feel my newly discovered love for you increasing its intensity with every moments passing.

I am really happy and inside my head, I repeatedly was telling you I love you while we were walking, holding hands.

And I wonder when will be the time that I would have the courage to tell you directly that I love you.

Because I honestly do.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

nakapag update din. ^_________^

daming kailangang gawin >___<

next chapter nito HIM <3 na. 

pakiVOTE naman at COMMENT kung nagustuhan ninyo yung story. SALAMAT! <3 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMALIN!  ^_____^v