His' (Awkward)

How should I start this? Hmm…

I was born in New York City, the city that never sleeps.

I was automatically an American citizen although both my parents are Filipinos.

My mom and dad met there by chance and had a whirlwind relationship.

They met at work as a client and manager in a bank, married, have me, and after three years of busy life, divorced.

And I was caught in the middle.

My mom and I continued living there for more than three years before she decided to come back to the Philippines.

I was nearly seven that time and my mom bought a house in a subdivision and said that it will be our home from then on.

She was so enthusiastic about being in her homeland at last after more than a decade of staying abroad.

I couldn’t blame her but I find it very hard to adapt.

After a week of busy arranging the house, my mom told me that she had already befriended your dad and that she invited you two for dinner.

My mom reminded me to be kind to you and try to befriend you also.

I thought she’s referring to a boy kid that’s why I eagerly opened the door that night only to find you - dressed in a white lacy taffeta looking so lovely and innocent.

I felt really uneasy that night.

I couldn’t help looking at you all throughout the meal when you were not looking.

I tried very hard to not directly meet your gaze.

I didn’t even make an effort to speak to you because I’m afraid you won’t understand.

I’m not that used yet to Filipino and I’m afraid you’d laugh in my wrong grammar.

I know they said first impression last but I hoped that first meeting of us won’t count.

Because that night, as I lay on my bed, rethinking my every actions, I realized that the only impression you’d surely have for me is that I’m a snob.

Or maybe a jerk.

Yeah, I slept that night feeling so stupid, acting like a coward just because of some trivial things.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

request ng ka birthday ko. ^___^

haha. next week na ulet yung susunod na update.

yung title pala nung elaborated version nito Crossing the Line.  *____*

kaso hindi ko pa maharap. bussssyyyyyy kasi. T^T 

pakiVOTE naman at COMMENT kung nagustuhan ninyo yung story. SALAMAT! <3

geh.geh. ^____^

SALAMAT SA PAGBABASA!!! <3