Chapter 3

Niall's POV-

As soon as the flames shot up, my brain went in to overdrive. All I could think of was finding that girl in a the crowd. She was only a couple seats away from the fire, so she could easily be hurt. I started running towards the edge of the stage, prepared to jump off, when I heard someone call my name. Turning, I saw Zayn, Harry, and Liam looking at me with extreme concern. "I HAVE TO FIND HER!!" I yelled at them, knowing full and well that they had no idea what I was talking about, but it didn't matter. I jumped off the stage and started sifting through the crowd towards her seat. The only thing my mind was thinking was "I have to find her" over and over again. Then, I saw her. She had been separated from her group and was completely lost. I could see the look of sheer terror in her eyes. She was about to collapse from smoke inhalation and was on the verge of tears because she was so scared. When I reached her, she had so much smoke in her lungs that all she could do was cough. "Let me help you!" I said to her. She couldn't even respond, just kept coughing. I had no other choice really. Her group was nowhere in sight and the smoke was getting thicker by the minute. I had to take her with me. I picked her up in my arms and started carrying her back towards the stage where the other boys were undoubtedly waiting on me, worried sick. I ran out back to where the paramedics were stationed, giving oxygen to whoever needed it. By this time, she was out cold, dead to the world. "She's been in the fire, real close to the center," I told them as I handed the girl to them. "Hurry, please, I don't think she has long." I refused any help for myself until she had been loaded in a HEMSI and was taken away to the local hospital. "Here, take some oxygen sweetie," a nice paramedic said to me, handing me an oxygen mask, "Have a seat, you look like you need it." I put the mask on my face, breathing regularly just like the lady told me. Zayn, Harry, Liam, Louis, and Libby came running out of the building, worry etched over each of their faces. That was the last thing I saw before I blacked out.