In some other age .. (3/4)

After letting DD go off Neil just did not know what to do. He was trying to focus on the murder scene pics but somehow he was not able to concentrate. Time and again Avni's hurt face would float in front of his eyes. At last Neil closed the file in front of him. 

He then held his head and tried to recall the incident between him and Avni that night. It was true that he was very tired, both physically and mentally, but what was truer was the sadness in Avni's eyes as she accused him of ignoring her. 

After all, what had he given her. They had discovered love recently in their marriage and now he was devoting all his time to work! Neil clenched his fists in determination. HE decided that he will devote his time to Avni after this damned case is over. Once he catches this serial killer, he will just resign possibly. He cannot let his work consume him and let his love life go off the rails!

Also NEil decided to surprise Avni by joining her for lunch that day. He thought of calling her but then decided to make it a total surprise and went for his car keys. He told DD to take care of work behind him. 

Neil - "DD .. I have an urgent personal matter to attend to. I will need to leave for the lunch time. You know what to do.. Keep investigating the case. There is one man I suspect to be the killer. His name is Vidyut R! He was found leaving the site of murder from two of the crime scenes but each time he was able to justify his presence there! He is also quite well built and is very much capable of being our killer. WE need to check how mentally stable he is now!"

DD - "Sure sir , I will take care of this" and saluted neil.

Neil left the police station. As he started his car, Neil thought how ecstatic Avni would be to see him and thinking of her smile made him smile sweetly.

Neil reached the house in record time and went up to his room like a hurricane.

Neil - "Avni... AVNI!!! kahan ho tum?" (where are you)

He looked around the room, she was probably downstairs. And so he went flying out of the room and banged straight into - Bebe! His grandmom!

BEbe - "Kahan udaa ja raha hai mera udta punjaab!" (where are you off to?!)

Neil - "bebe wo avni!"(came for avni..)

Bebe smiled, and said - "ye lo.. madam gayin to hain tumse milne ghar walon ko bolke. But apne husband ko hi nahi bataya!" (she has left to meet you and told the entire family this. but forgot to tell you only)

Neil scratched his head and smiled. So Avni wanted to say sorry as well to him!! this was good..

He left the house and thought of checking with DD if Avni has walked in. He called DD but DD to surprised to hear this - "No sir. She is not here!". Neil was confused and kept the phone. He then thought maybe Avni was going slowly stopping on the way. So he decided to drive slowly back to his office!

After five minutes, Neil caught sight of Avni. She was standing outside a fine dine restaurant by the roadside, smiling from ear to ear. He was surprised but grinned. Neil stopped his car and jogged towards Avni. But then he stopped. She was with someone! He thought maybe it was her childhood friend Ali! So he started walking towards them again! 

Finally Avni hugged the person with her.. Neil soon realised as the person turned to leave that he was not Ali, but someone far more worse...

He was Vidyut! And this suspected serial killer had just hugged his wife!