Aashiqui (intense love).. (1/3)

Hi people.. just thought will try something like this.. as a refresher.. Lets see how it goes! enjoy!! And HNY to all!

-----------------------------

Avni turned at the sound. It was clearly a voice she had heard before. A voice ingrained in her psyche. 

She expected to see the man whose voice it was. And she saw him. But it was someone else, it was not him, not her Neil..

Avni turned away and sadly smiled. How could she be so naive? How could it have been Neil? Why would Neil come back? Did he not leave her for and go? All those years back.. Did he not say that he would not see her face again?

Avni picked up the vegetables basket she was carrying and went towards her home. She entered the porch and the little set of stairs that led to her lonely cottage. 

Two years ago, the most  painful occurrence of her existence had happened. Something that had shown her the harsh reality of life. She had thought her world revolved around her husband Neil and really it did. But she discovered to his dismay that his did not.. He had someone else in his past, his ex fiance - Juhi. After marriage with Avni, Juhi returned. It was a shock to everyone as Juhi was supposed to be dead. Neil particularly was shattered. Still Avni had not expected Neil to behave the way he did. She thought he truly loved her. But evidently he loved Juhi more!

Neil broke up the news cruelly to her. One fine day, just as she was adjusting to the news that Juhi is still alive, he took her out on a date , got her hopes high and then dashed them all! She had never expected Neil to use the 'D'-word. But he frankly asked her for a Divorce. She died right there, right then. Her eyes went glassy. For a moment she thought Neil had a pain in his deep dark eyes then. But it went away as soon as it came and he looked away. She got up and walked out. Never to come back. She left the city right then and there, did not say goodbye to her childhood friend or to her foster mom. She just had to get away from that life, from Neil, from herself... 

Lost in these painful thoughts, She did not notice the person who had been following her from the market. She was not thinking of anybody or anything that time. She was lost in her past..  

Avni stumbled on the steps in her thought and the tomatoes fell from  her vegetable basket. Cursing herself, she started collecting them all. She could not see that as soon as she had stumbled a pair of hands had reached out grasping in air, hoping to support her. But then those hands had clenched and gone back by the side of the person, who was helplessly watching Avni stumble. How he wished he was there, by her side, holding her. But he had destroyed everything.. He did not deserve her. He was just hanging around, to see her.. one last time. That is what he told himself everyday. 

The person turned as Avni entered her small cottage and closed the door. Neil kept on walking aimlessly along the road. It was his daily ritual for past few days. Since the time he had been able to trace his Avni..