Chapter 1: The Mysterious Dream

THE PRIMORDIAL GENE
by Ace Spencer

Chapter 1

THE MYSTERIOUS DREAM

"Look at that planet, son. That's where we once lived. "

"What do you mean, father? Did we really live there?"

"Our ancestors did. They lived there millions of years ago.
It's beautiful, isn't it?"

"Yes."

"But before those blue oceans, green forests, and animals
there was no peace in that place. It was just a place full of
greed, hatred, and death."

"According to the archives, it was once called the Pracayon,
but the current leading inhabitants there are calling it Earth."

"Right. And they call themselves, humans. Homo sapiens."

" Did they evolve from us?"

"No. But they came from here, too."

" What do you mean, here?"

"I'll explain it to you soon. When you are ready."

"No. No. NOOOOOO !" screamed Zeron as he bolts awake from a petrifying dream on a sunny Monday morning.

"Huh?", he says while panting.

"What the -" he said slowly as he scratches his head and sits up on his light blue sheets that smell like they are in dire need of a wash . The same nightmare for the past few weeks. How could that be possible?, he wondered. As he pulls his bedsheet to cover his crossed legs , a sudden swoosh from somewhere shatters the silence in the room. Then a large transparent glass appeared in front of him.

"What's the matter, dear? Still getting those nightmares?" asked an old woman from the screen of the transparent glass.

"Yes, Granny Lisa, I guess so."

"Hmm, you know what, dear, there could be an underlying message from that dream. Waiting to be decoded and known. I remember the most mysterious dream I ever had , I dreamt it many times and I wrote it down to study what it means. I even went to this lady's house. She called herself a dream reader, she reads dreams - "

"Obviously."

"And then she explained to me what they mean, I've never been so scared in my entire life than when after she said that and then -"

Here we go again, Zeron thought while rolling his eyes to the ceiling with its projected view of the planets and stars as Granny Lisa continued her story. "Granny, it's just a dream. Dreams are the collections of events I have already experienced. They don't mean anything, they are just, random combinations of memories. My professor said that - "

"Okay, okay. Keep your science at school not here, okay boy? Now, get up and eat your breakfast. I got you some noodles !"

"What flavor?"

"It's just mutated octopus this time. Now hurry, you're late for school !" replied Granny Lisa, with another swoosh the transparent glass just disappeared back into the hidden compartment on the ceiling.