CHAPTER TWO

WORLD ALONE
FIGHT CLUB

     Before her mind could fully comprehend what was happening, the blue man and Rocket were full on fighting. Rocket threw punches at the buff man and eventually started to climb all over him, making it harder for Drax to hit him back.

When Drax finally got him, he took Rocket and threw him. Groot stepped in the way of Rocket so Drax couldn't reach him. In a fit of rage, Drax knocked down Groot and started throwing punches at the tree creature. In response, Groot wrapped his vines around Drax, nearly suffocating the man.

Drax ripped Groot's vines off of him. He looked up at Rocket, anger evident in his eyes and expression. Rocket aimed his gun at Drax, ready to fire.

"Rocket!" Oribella snapped as went to hold him back from firing on Drax. Drax stood up but was instantly pulled back by a green woman with red and black hair.

"Stop it!" She growled at Drax as she pulled him away from Rocket. Oribella kept her grip firm on Rocket, but he still managed to somehow lift his gun.

"Whoa, whoa, what are you doing?" A man shouted as he jumped in between the two. He was one of the people who Rocket had entered the bar with. Ori took a while guess and assumed he was Peter. 

Oribella looked with pleading eyes, silently asking him to stop whatever was happening because she couldn't hold Rocket off for long. And talking sense to him seemed to be out of the option. 

"This vermin speaks of affairs he knows nothing about!" Drax angrily yelled.

"Say that again," Oribella threatened.

"He has no respect!" Drax insulted.

"That is also true!" Rocket yelled, further annoying Drax. The green woman, who she assumed was Gamora, shifted to standing in front of Drax as he had attempted to pull out of her grasp.

"Hold on! Hold on!" Peter yelled at the two of them.

"Keep calling me vermin, tough guy!" Rocket threated. Oribella tightened her grip as he also tried to pull out of her clutch. "You just wanna laugh at me like everyone else!" Rocket rambled while gesturing his gun in different directions.

"Rocket you're drunk, all right? No one's laughing at you," Peter reassured, his hands still out in front of him as if it'd calm the two.

"He thinks I'm some stupid thing! He does! Well, I didn't ask to get made! I didn't ask to be torn apart, and put back together, over and over and turned into some- some little monster!"

Oribella placed a comforting hand on the back of Rocket. She knew how much he hated being reminded he was genetically mutated against his will.

"Rocket, no one's calling you a monster-"

"He called me a vermin!" Rocket accused, jabbing a finger in the direction of Drax. "She called me rodent!" He growled, pointing at the green woman this time. "Let's see if you can laugh after five or six good shot to your frickin' face!"

"Rocket!" Oribella barked, her other hand flying back to adjust her grip on him so she could maneuver the gun out of his hands.

"No, no, no, no!" Peter jumped in front of Rocket's gun. "Four billion units! Rocket! Come on, man, hey! Suck it up for one more lousy night and you're rich."

Rocket lowered his gun and Oribella relaxed her grip slightly. She sensed Rocket was surrendering, yet she still stayed in her squatted position beside him.

"Fine," he muttered in defeat. "But I can't promise, when this is all over, I'm not gonna kill every last one of you jerks."

"See? That's exactly why none of you have any friends!"

"Wrong," Rocket interrupted while jabbing his thumb in Ori's direction. Peter ignored Rocket's comment and continued with his rant.

"Five seconds after you meet somebody, you're already trying to kill them!"

"We have traveled, halfway across the quadrant!" Drax made a slight movement which caused Gamora to place her other hand on him. "And Ronan is no closer to being dead." Drax turned on his heel and angrily stormed out of the place, leaving behind a crowd of stunned people who were ready to watch a fight unfold.

"Drax!"

"Let him go, we don't need him."

Groot dismissively waved his hand away and grunted. Oribella stood from the ground and walked up to Groot. She embraced him in a hug, which he eagerly returned.

"Hey Groot," she mumbled. "How are you?"

"I am Groot," he replied.

"That's good." She patted his back before pulling away. Rocket trudged his way over to her, keeping his eyes focused on the ground.

"This is Oribella," he said shrugging his arms in her direction.

"Peter Quill, but people call me Star-Lord," he smoothly said with a cute smile added. Oribella chuckled and flashed him a small smile.

"Nice to meet you, Peter."

"Gamora," the woman said, causing Bella to snap her head to the right. The woman was very pretty and she seemed rather fiery. Oribella had a feeling that if she ever returned to the bar, they'd get along over a couple of drinks.

Oribella was about to say something when the door to the Collector's lair opened abruptly. A pink woman with brown hair came walking out, her hands folded like so. Everyone's heads turned and watched her skeptically.

"Milady Gamora, I'm here to fetch you for my master."