CHAPTER FIVE

WORLD ALONE
TEAR YOUR SHIP A NEW ONE

"The only chance we got to get to the other side of the universe as fast as we can and maybe, just maybe, we'll be able to live full lives before that whack-job ever gets there."

"I am Groot."

"Yeah, I agree with him," Oribella concurred. She pulled her hair back in up as she took her apron and proceeded to wipe herself off.

"Save them? How?" Rocket inquired.

"I am Groot."

"I know they're the only friends that we ever had, besides you, of course, Ori. But there's an army of Ravagers around them and there's only two of us."

"Three," Drax added as he stood up and placed an arm around Oribella and Groot. Rocket clutched his head and groaned.

"You're making me, beat- up- grass!" He grunted while kicking the dirt.

Oribella looked between the three men. She bit her lip and she bit her lip hard, thinking about all the possible things that could go wrong. But the urge to get off her shitty planet and out of stupid bar fights started to slowly outweigh her impulse control.

"Four, if you give me a gun I know how to use."

Rocket let out a loud shout in annoyance and kicked pebbles off into the distance to help alleviate his anger.

"Look I get you're not totally one-hundred-percent on board with this plan but I see that these people mean something to you, Rocket. And...and I wanna help."

Rocket rolled his eyes and released a sigh he was holding in. He dragged a heavy hand down his face.

"Fine," he muttered under his breath lowly. "Let's do this then."

Rocket turned on his heel and made his way back to the hangar. Oribella sloppily tied her apron back around her waist before chasing after him. Groot and Drax followed her closely.

Rocket hopped into a ship which was much bigger than the one he had just crashed. Oribella, Groot, and Drax filed into the ship, awaiting Rocket's instructions.

"Alright, let's do this. Ori- don't break anything. There are guns over there, find one that you've familiarized yourself with," Rocket instructed.

Ori rushed to the direction he pointed in. She only found one or two guns that she had actually used in the past, but what excited her most was the two blades she found. Course they weren't in the best shape, rather rusty, but she couldn't care less about their condition.

Soon enough the rocket they stole faced the Ravagers' ship, which was hundreds of times bigger than the ship they were standing in. Oribella was just about to ask what they'd be doing next when she heard explosives firing. She ran to the cockpit to find Rocket shooting at the Ravagers' massive ship.

"Uh Rocket, are you-"

"Attention, Idiots. The lunatic on top of this craft is holding a Hadron Enforcer. It's a weapon of my own design. If you don't hand over our companions now, he's gonna tear your ship a new one. A very big new one! I'm giving you to the count of five. Five! Four! Three-"

"Rocket, it's me, for god sakes! We figured it out! We're fine!" Peter's voice frantically explained.

"Oh hey, Quill, what's going on?"