Chapter 8: A Little Girl's Garden

The closer we got to Virdi's place, the stronger the wind became. I made sure I was gliding, so the wind wouldn't cause my any trouble.

Three and a half minutes later we finally started to reach our destination. I was still caught up in my thoughts and trying to connect any lead about Hades. I say Pit smile for some odd reason, out the corner of my eye.

The view of Virdi's domain was starting to be visible. I started to lower my altitude and Pit followed me. I looked in wonder at all the variety of plants covering the land. There is so many different types of flowers and trees, like Oak trees, Forget-Me-Nots, and many others.

I saw Pit glance and quickly gaze at my open mouth...wait, why is my mouth open in the first place? We were about 12 feet from the ground now when Pit gasped.

"Oh my Palutena... Is that...?" Pit asked with wonder. I looked at Out with concern and responded, "What is it Pit?"

Pit replied with silence while flying toward a...a pine tree? "It's...A PINE TREE!" I face palmed at Pit's amazement at a tree. " Wait. Are you serious...?" I ask with clear annoyance in my voice.

"COME ON! LET'S GO SEE ONE!" Pit exclaimed as he races towards the tree. "Your kidding me...Right?" I say as I catch up to Pit.

"No! I've never seen one before!" He responded while landing evenly on his feet. I sighed as I landed on the ground. "Tree lover," I muttered as we start to try and find Virdi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~>~~~~~~~~~~~

I stood their patiently as Pit was looking around the big pine tree, it was amazing...only it's height is awesome. I glanced around to try find Virdi while Pit is stalling with a pine.

I have had enough of standing around, and I place a hand on Pit's shoulder, starting to pull him away from the tree. "Have any forgot that we have a mission to get done here," my volume grew as the statement was said, unintentionally of course.

I grabbed his scarf and started pulling him away. "But... I've never seen one, Pittoo! This may be the last one I ever see," he retorted. "How about we come back after we get this done, will that please your constant pleading," I ask.

Pit smiled widely and nodded. He then stepped back behind me. I started to walk forward then stopped, I knew Pit was following, so I turned around and faced Pit. "Hey! You coming?"

Pit just kept looking ahead and finally replied, "Yeah. Sorry about that." Pit quickly moved to my side and we began to walk again.

We covered about 20 meters before Pit stopped walking. I turned around and walked back to him, with worry showing slightly on my face. "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine, Dark Pit. It's just a minor headache. I think I need to rest after this mission, that's all," Pit replied rather quietly with uncertainty.

I raised an eyebrow, something was wrong with Pit. I shook it off for now, I knew I would find it out later, I always do.

----------------