Chapter 10: The Sky is Falling

My head was pulsing with pain, as I became conscious again.

I opened my eyes slowly. I could only see sky stretching for miles and miles. Green was set out in below of me, and it seemed miles away.

Where am I? Did Pit do this? I didn't know what happened last and why I'm here. All I could feel was the pain pulsing down my spine. Something had shattered, most likely a rib, and my right arm was still bleeding. I would now have Pit on my back to have Palutena look at the wounds and heal them. Just great.

A few seconds later, I remembered some advice.

'I have absolute trust in Lady Palutena, you should too.'

Pit told me this advice sometime after one of my many fights with Palutena.

I just don't trust Palutena, I just can't. All she sees me as is a clone, another Pit she can abuse her powers on. the only reason I'm still in Skyworld and doing the task was for Pit.

I hope there's someone nearby now. In general, someone to rescue me, I won't admit I need the help though.

I took a better look at my surroundings. I seemed to be... Free falling out of the sky. Wait. Was I falling? I'm an idiot for not realizing I'm falling sooner! My surroundings were unfamiliar, though so it's no where I've ever been. It felt almost... Ominous.

It felt like I was starting to fall faster, gravity 'kicking in' weighing down on my body, and I continued to travel closer to the ground... Having regrets, pain, and sorrows taunt me.

I was only breathing in short breaths now, and I couldn't see any signs of civilization for miles. It was only me, alone and you would think I would be happy being away from Pit. Everyone had a final regret, mine... involving Pit. This fall was nothing but a trip of certain death, a skeptical though that you could survive this, and a journey into nothingness.

I couldn't fly. In Pandora's name, I don't know why, and I sure don't like this feeling. I was stuck as I tries to remember why I got here in the first place.

Where is Pit? Hopefully he isn't falling from the sky like me, it would make my death a little better at least.

Thinking of Pit... I wonder where he is at the moment. If we still had that 'strange' twin connection Viridi says we do, I believe he would probably be experiencing something similar, except he would be actually flying!

And then my answer was solved not a moment sooner.

I suddenly saw something appear across from me. How can something appear out of nowhere, maybe Palutena actually did send Pit for me.

It was a light figure, who's wings were white. He, telling from their build, had a gemstone radiating a bright, red glow, that was on the figure's left shoulder. It was Pit of course.

Pit's wings were all burned up, his stomach and wrist were covered in dry blood. He looked pitiful and hurt, and to be honest, it killed me inside.

Pit continued to fall farther and farther away from me. I tried to yell his name for him to come back, but I couldn't and all there was was distance between us.

I then yelled out to anyone, Palutena, Viridi, even Hades to allow me to fly to save Pit. My wings suddenly alighted and just as I touched Pit's finger he became nothing but ash.

I screamed no at the sight as a deep evil laugh filled the air. And then all there was was darkness.

------------------------

I wake up with a jolt, and a cold-sweat was running down my face.

I looked around at my surroundings. I was obviously back at Skyworld, lying down on a bed in a spare medic room. The bed wasn't at all neat anymore.