Surprised

All of us were in the Shadow Realm and in order to get to our destination, we had to pass some buildings that were full of children that got adopted by older kids. Little kids that are ten years of age or younger were playing outside. I was able to tell that some of their toys were worn out and none of them were new. But they were still happy and running around. Their adoptive parents just smiling but looking alert. Watching out for soldiers. It made me look around too even though I know the soldiers wouldn't be able to see me.

When we passed those buildings, we were able to see the market stands. Each one selling different things. Some are selling clothes, books, food, toys cooking supplies. And like everything else, none of it looked new. I can see that a lot of people have brought items so they can trade it for something they need, I saw that some were denied and some were relieved that they accepted their trade.

"Talk about old time-y," Bennett spoke up.

I couldn't help but speak up. "Does your kingdom not have market stands?"

"Well, you could say we do. But we don't trade in items, we have a money currency. There's a lot of different kinds honestly."

"Yeah, we know about money currency. We used to have that." Bart said.

"Well, what happened to it? Did you guys boycott it?"

Bart and I looked at each other as we were both silently asking each other if we should tell him at all. But then I thought, why should I care about keeping it a secret? He is no threat and not on Zakur's side. He will be gone in a month or shorter so it didn't matter. "Zakur happened. When all the adults died, many kids didn't know how to function things to make more items. We tried but there was little success. So what only mattered was using with what we had. Money became the least of our problems."

"So you guys resorted to trading. So what do you guys do now?"

"We try to survive. That's what we do." All of sudden I heard a voice yelling. An adult voice.

"I know your hiding the twins. We have reports of you looking suspicious when entering a specific building and when we went in, there was no one. Where are they?" Bart and I started to run towards the sound. And when we got there, I saw Gordy. One of the rebel scouts and he started working as a market trader as a sort of cover. It seemed that his cover was blown.

"Hey guys, does he actually know where the twins are? Also, why is he looking for them? Does it have something to do with Kadience calling them the heirs?"'

"Yes, he does. And they're looking for the twin heirs because they're the heirs. Zakur wants to get rid of them because everyone has hope they'll overthrow Zakur. If the twins die, everyone's hope will shatter and they'll be no reason to resist him." Bart spoke up and looked at me. He knew what I was thinking. "Quick, we got to get into a building." Bart and I started running towards a building that looked like it used to be a candy store.

"Why are we here?" Bennett spoke.

I decided to ignore him. "Bart, you and Bennett stay here. Keep an eye on him and lay low so they don't see you through the windows." I pulled the hood of my jacket over my head so my face isn't seen. "I'll be back soon." In less than a second, I released both Bart and Bennett from the Shadow Realm while I stayed and I walked out of the candy store.

I went to look for a shady place so I won't be seen. Soon enough, I decided to get behind a building so I can get in its shade. No one saw that I popped out of nowhere so that was a good thing. I started to walk towards Gordy's stand and when I saw one of the soldiers grab his arm, I grabbed the nearest rock and threw it at the soldier. When I saw that it was heading towards someone else, I had to do something. I used my earth magic to turn it back to the course I wanted it to take. It hit the soldiers neck and I knew that got his attention because he let go of Gordy.