Truth

I was waking up and I could feel a small pain in my chest but that was all. The pain that was all over my body seemed to have dulled down. This feeling of pain is a much better pain than the one I was feeling before. Anyone and everyone can agree with me on that. I'll have to thank Raven for fixing me up.

I was able to hear someone talking but it was muffled. I couldn't even speak and it kinda irritated me. But my waking mind was starting to get my senses going. I could feel the hard ground below me and the slightly cold breeze touching my skin. I couldn't feel my jacket and sweatpants on though. Raven must have needed them off for her magic to work properly.

Then my hearing started to come in. "You're a Unique?" That was Raven's voice and I could hear the sudden surprise in her voice. Or maybe it was shock. Whichever it was, all I know was one thing. She wasn't using the word unique as just a word. More like a label and title.

"I'm sorry but my memory isn't the greatest. Could you remind me what a Unique is?" Hearing those words let me know that he was lying. Pretending that he isn't from a different world and that made me a bit proud. But it also meant that I had more to catch him up on so he can speak with the people here and not blow his cover.

"Oh, your poor quickly drained aura is probably messing with your memory. A Unique is a name we came up for the Night Warrior. Everyone in the rebellion knows she has a one of a kind power. It seems that you do too." There it is. The Night Warrior title. The one that Dacheel calls me but the rebellion being the only ones that know who I am. And Raven was using that title instead of my name. Again.

"So it seems pretty useful. Glad I could be of assistance." I had to interfere. He could end up saying something stupid that will ruin everything we were trying to hide.

"Raven," I meant for my voice to be stern and commanding. The way people see me as but instead, it turned out to be a small whisper. I had to try again though. "Gordy." It wasn't a question but more a demand. Asking what happened to him since I wasn't there to see if he made it or not.

"Night Warrior! I'm glad you are okay. I don't know what we would do without you. When I was told that you were in a bad condition, I did my best to get here as fast as poss-" Bart interfered.

"Raven. You're doing it again."

"Oh, right. Um, Gordy made it to the hideout. He reported his mistake and that his cover was blown. The Heirs are planning his relocation."

"Good," I spoke. Still a whisper but I can hear a stern hint in it. "Go back. Now."

"Yes, Night Warrior!" It's like she was going to disappoint me if she didn't leave as quickly as possible because I could hear her quickly leaving.

Not one second passed and Bennett has already started speaking. "So Kadience. I think Bart and I have questions as well as news."

"You're a Unique." When I said those words, I was able to open my eyes and I saw that Bart as smiling at me. He was smiling at the words I said.

"Yeah. Just like you apparently. Do you think it has to do with the portal?"

"I think." I paused. "I think I would rather answer questions than think about that."

"Alright then. Do you got any questions, Bart?"

"You said you had questions. Not me. I'm going to stay out of this." Maybe it's not too late to get Raven back.

"What happened to you? I know you got hurt but were the guards a lot of trouble? Also, where'd that come from?" As I was getting up, I saw that he was pointing to the gun.

It was hard for me to get up that I was grateful that Bart helped up in a sitting position. "They're soldiers. Not guards. And they were going to take me to the palace for Zakur to rip off my hood and show everyone who I was before killing me. I was on the train and trapped in there because once the train doors close, it near to impossible to open them until it reaches the destination. I froze their shadows and used their gun to kill them. Then I went to the Shadow Realm to jump off a high speeding train."

"Talk about hardcore."

"Well, you got to remember that it was either that or getting killed. A few broken bones are better than getting killed." Bart spoke up. Reading my mind as he is sometimes good at doing that.

"That's right," I said to Bart. "But it was more like I choose death or death. Jumping off a high speeding train can kill you and if I had to die, I would want to die that way. I wasn't going to give Zakur the satisfaction of killing me."

"Hey Kadience, I've got an idea. How much of Bart's energy do you think you'll need to get us home?"

I was about to speak but Bart was quick to speak up. "Woah. Why does it have to be my magic." Bart, being the guy he always is, was a little sensitive about his magic being used in some certain ways.

"Because I gave mine to Raven and I feel tired. I know this is the first day we've met and I don't mean to be pushy."

"Okay, yeah. Cool. But you gave her your power energy. How do you know that you can take someone's energy to give it to someone else? How do you know that you can even take energy?" I was confused in all this. While I did want to know what they were talking about, I stayed out of it because they were having an argument. At least it seemed like it. I decided to jump in once things got out of hand.

"Only one way to find out."

Bart was looking at me and Bennett but his eyes stopped to look into mine. He was asking me a question with his eyes and not only that but I saw deep concern. Probably wondering if I was even capable of doing it at all because of the condition I was in. Not only that but when a Healer heals you, it's recommended that the person doesn't use magic because it could be dangerous or slow the healing process that they weren't able to heal. But this was something I had to do. I had to complete my orders. "I only have a pinch on magic left. We won't be able to make it far with what I got.

Bart let out a loud sigh. "Ben, try to do what you can. If you can, give her just half. If she needs more, just take it while we are in the Shadow Realm." He ordered him.

"Alright. Time to test this out." His hand was on Bart's shoulder and I can tell that Bennett was focusing hard on not trying to take more than Bart said. As his magic energy was being taken and drained, I could see the expression on his face. He looks tired but not as tired. His face expression looks even more tired as more energy is being taken out of him. Luckily, Bennett stopped.

Then he turned to me and I frowned "Just get it over with." He put his hand on my shoulder and it just irritated me. Just his touch annoys me and I want it to get it over with. I could feel something slither inside me as it goes straight to the core of my aura. Filling it up like it was a glass of water.

"How do you feel? Got your magic back?"

"I got energy. Bart, are you alright?" He just nodded "Okay. I'll need help once we get there." He just nodded again.