That Night

JoLynn Sky Dallas

It was 1:30 in the morning I was still up watching T.V. when a car pulled in the drive. I stood and walked to the window I saw Jack J get out, yelling.

He knocked, "Hey, Johnson" I said opening the door "Hey, Jo" he slurred. Drunk.. again.

"what was that all about" ask pointing to the car that was tearing out of the driveway.

"nothing, Can I crash here?" he asked as he rubbed the back of his neck

"yeah" I said letting him in

"nice Pajamas" I heard him mumble

"what you don't like Giraffes?"  I said jestering to my PJs

He laughed, "no...but there cute on you" he looked at me. I don't believe him cause he's drunk though. I smile anyways. "Good Night, Johnson" I said heading for the stairs "Night, Jo" he yelled after me

~

I didn't go to sleep I just stared at the celling thinking, what if he doesn't like me back, I was trying to get myself to tell him but I couldn't find the right time, he'll have a hangover today so its going to happen soon just not today.

~

I woke up around 11:00 am to the sound of running water, followed by Jack J singing. I stared at the celling and just listened to him sing for awhile. I got up and put lotion on my hand and stood outside the bathroom door, when Jack came out I was going to smack him, he always does it to me when I crash at his house...when I'm drunk and I don't want my brother (Cameron) to find out he normally does but I try.

He came out and I smacked him and ran into Cam's room. Cam was just getting up and dressed he had pants on and was putting a shirt. I dove behind him laughing.

"what's going on" he looked at me

"hide me" I whispered

Jack came running in the room "really?" he asked looking at me and then wiping the lotion

"yeah" I smile trying not to laugh. Cam just cracks up watching Jack wipe his face, "good job sis" he laughed "thanks" I watched Jack as he began to creep forward, we ran in circles around Cam.

He was behind Cam's back and I was close to the door so I turn and take off running out the door, Jack close behind. He was to quick for me and he grabbed my waist and turned me to look at him "I win" he whispers in my ear "never in a million years" I wiggle free and run into the kitchen.

Then I see it, my favorite breakfast sitting on the table. I stop running and just stare at the food. Giving Jack the opportunity to sneak up on me. "I made this for you" he whispered in my ear

"Wow, Jack how did you know this was my favorite" I turn away from the food looking at him

He rubbed the back of his neck "Cam" he whispered, "Cam told me" he said

"thanks Johnson" I look back at the food

"hey, Dallas" he says

"yeah?" I look back at him. "at 3:00 this afternoon meet me at the park I need to talk to you" he whispered, turning grabbing his phone and the puke covered shirt, he was wearing one of Cam's old shirts.

He just left, leaving me there wondering does he like me back or not? I didn't know and I was kind of scared about what he would say