Johnny

"What?" Azalea sat up, looking at Johnny.

"You know, a camp out. I know just the place to. There's a tree house in the woods by my backyard and you can stay there, just for a short break."

"But Johnny, I can't stay in those woods by myself!" Azalea huffed rolling over on her stomach and covering her face.

Johnny rolled his eyes and moved her hands out of her face squishing her cheeks in his hands.

"I'm gonna be there with you stupid," Johnny laughed as he watched Azalea's annoyed squished expression.

"Won't your mother object?" Azalea asked lightning up to the idea.

"I'll tell her I'm at Frankie and James' house," He replied. Azalea smiled. "I'll do it!" She said eagerly sitting all the way up.

------------------  -----------------

"Over here!" Johnny exclaimed grabbing Azalea by the wrist and practically dragging her through the woods.

The tree house wasn't too far into the woods, but far enough to be hidden. Johnny's father had built  it for Diane and him when they were little.

Finally they reached the small  house, and Johnny sighed. "Here we are." He sighed. "It's so perfect," Azalea gaped in amazement. Johnny smiled.

Azalea ran up to the ladder and climbed in, peering at Johnny from inside. "You coming?" She asked grinning.

Johnny snapped out of his daze and followed Azalea up the small wooden ladder.

Johnny had to crouch to get around, while Azalea had no trouble going about in the slightly cramped tree house.

There was nothing much inside but a  flat green ball and a little sun roof staring up at the stars.

Azalea layed out her blanket and set her bag in the corner. She  layed down underneath the sun roof.

"A girl could get used to this," She sighed peacefully. Johnny layed down beside her, feeling the tips of her long hair.

"How come you look like......you?" Johnny asked. Azalea looked over at him. "What do you mean?" She said.

"Like-- different," Johnny asked. "My mother was a  Seminole, she passed just like your father," She stated.

"Is that why you're here?"

Johnny was surprised that she didn't get mad and change the subject. Instead, tears fell from her eyes.

"I think my father killed her."

Johnny stopped touching her hair and just stared.

" She tried to get me and her away from him one day, for good, but he started beating her and threw me in a closet. I was to scared to move. Then everything got quiet. The next day, my mother was dead."

The tears flowed now and Johnny felt bad about complaining to her about his overly protective mother and reminiscing about his caring father.

"Don't cry." Was all he said as he wiped the tears from her face. She got silent and stared him in the eye. They were like honey in the beautiful moonlight and he could see the reflection of the stars in them.

And without knowing what he was doing, Johnny pressed his lips onto Azalea's warm, soft, ones. She pushed him back, but he tried again, and this time, Azalea didn't refuse.

Johnny's heart beat faster and faster as he slipped his tongue into Azalea's mouth, and she brushed his hand along his cheek and through his hair.

Johnny grabbed Azalea by the waist and climbed on top of her. The strange thing , Johnny thought, was  that not a bone in his body told him it was wrong. Pastor Thomas did. Wes did. His mother and Diane did.

But right now, none of them mattered. Johnny was alone with  someone he knew was special, and who he thought to be the most beautiful girl in the world.