[Chapter 10] I'm Really Sorry

-Anna's POV-

"Kendall?" I croaked, backing off of the bus. He got out of the driver's seat and followed me out. "What are you doing here?"

He smirked, "Funny story, did I ever tell you I work for your dad?" He asked. I stared at him, fear filling up inside of me.

"N-no," I stuttered in response as I slammed up against the bus shelter's public service announcement for quitting smoking. Kendall walked right up to me, so close that our noses were almost touching.

"Oh, well, I do," He pushed a piece of my hair behind my ear, leaning in even closer, "And I'm really sorry for what I'm about to do."

"What are you...?" Before I could finish my sentence, he pulled out a syringe and jabbed it into my neck. I tensed up in pain as he injected whatever was in the syringe into my body. He ripped the needle out of my neck and I collapsed in his arms. The world around me started to fade away and I blacked out.

-Kendall's POV-

Anna's head dropped to the side and her body gave out as she lost consciousness. I dragged her back on the bus and sat her in one of the seats in the middle. Her head hung forward and her arms drooped lifelessly by her sides. I folded her arms in her lap and took a step back, sighing.

"Okay, now onto her reflection..." I pulled out the piece of paper Anna's dad gave to me before sending me here and read off the name he scribbled down on it, "...Anthony." I pocketed the piece of paper and went to the back of the bus, where I pulled out a briefcase from under one of the seats and opened it to reveal another syringe, identical to the one I used on Anna. I took it out and tapped it.

I heard someone coming down the streets on foot, screaming, "Anna! Anna, where are you?"

"Anthony," I murmured under my breath as I stood up, looking out the back emergency door to see Anna's reflection approaching.

"I didn't mean those things I said, okay?" He shouted, "I'm sorry! I'm really sorry!"

I heaved a sigh and looked down at the syringe. Come on, Kendall, you can do this, I told myself as I looked back out, You did it to Anna, you can do it to him.

"You aren't heartless and cold, alright?" He continued, "You're...you're the best person I've ever met and I'm really sorry about what happened. Just...please, forgive me. Or don't. I just don't want your mom to come and get you."

Kendall, don't you dare. I tightened my grip on the syringe. Kendall, he took Anna away from you. Sedate him and take him to Anna's dad! You know he's going to find out if you leave him here. Make it easy for the both of you and just bring Anthony to him yourself.

"Anna, I don't want to lose you," Anthony added more softly than before, I was surprised I even heard him.

Don't you even dare think about taking the hit for him! The voice in my head rang. He's a fugitive! 

The one the girl you've had feelings for since you can remember fell in love with, Another voice said.

And you want her to be happy, right? Yet another voice added.

"Yes, I do," I said to myself as I dug the syringe into my neck. I squinted my eyes shut in pain as I started to feel woozy and eventually passed out.

-Anthony's POV-

I ran my fingers through my hair as I plopped down on one of the benches in the bus shelter. Anna was nowhere to be found, and I didn't know where she went. There was no use in going much farther, if I couldn't find her by now, her dad probably found her and took her back. I put my head in my hands and moaned.

I ran my hands down my face and looked up at the bus parked in street. The lights were on and the motor was running, but it looked like no one was inside. I raised my eyebrow in confusion as I got up, curious as to what was going on. I boarded the bus and saw there was no driver, just a baseball cap sitting in the seat. I turned my head to the left to see Anna sitting in one of the seats. I rushed up to her and saw a thin red line dripping from her neck.

"Anna?" I leaned in to hear if she was breathing. I couldn't tell if she was or not. I put my index finger and middle finger up to her neck for a pulse - there was a very faint one. I sighed in relief, "Anna. Anna. Wake up," I said, gently slapping her on the cheek.

Just then, I noticed someone else on the bus. I backed away from Anna and slowly approached this person, they were lying down across the aisle, their head resting on one of the seats. It was Kendall, no doubt.

"Kendall?" I repeated as I bent down so I was eye level with him. He had the same situation where the blood was dripping from his neck. On the floor beside him was an empty syringe. I picked it up and looked at it, "What is this?"

Just then, I heard someone board the bus. I looked over my shoulder to see the person rush up to me and cover my mouth with a cloth. I tried to squirm out of their hold, but I soon gave up as a world of black consumed me.

*****

My eyes fluttered open and I tried to move my hands, but they were bound to the arms of the chair I was sitting in. I yanked at them, but they wouldn't budge. That's when I heard Anna's voice. "I'm really sorry, father. I never meant to go against you and house my reflection, as well as running away with him into the other world." I looked up and saw that I was in a courtroom. Anna was at the stand, tears running down her cheeks as she trembled in fear.

"You better be, Miss Anna," Her father remarked coldly as he paced back and forth. "And you, Mr. Kendall?" I turned my head to see Kalel's reflection sitting on the opposite side, "What do you have to apologize for?"

"Disobeying your orders, sir," He answered.

"Right. And are you ready to face the consequences? Both of you?"

"Yes," The two of them ordered in unison, both hanging their heads.

Anna's dad spun around to face me, "And are you two ready to face the consequences?" I turned my head again to see Kalel seated next to me. She was still knocked out cold.

"What...what consequences?" I dared to ask.

He smirked evilly, "Death, of course."