[Chapter 12] My Reflection

Author's Note: Hey guys! I just want to thank @the_infinite_author because without them, I probably wouldn't have a clue what to write for this chapter and it probably wouldn't be as good as it is (if it's good...which I hope it is). ALSO, I HAVE NOW CHANGED "ANNA'S MOM" TO "ANNA'S DAD" BECAUSE, WELL, THIS BOOK IS SUPPOSED TO BE A GENDER-FLIP (IF THAT'S WHAT IT'S CALLED) BOOK AND IT WOULDN'T MADE SENSE IF ANTHONY'S MOM'S REFLECTION WAS A FEMALE. (I will be editing previous chapters to fit this change.) So yeah...I hope you like this chapter and thanks for reading! -rac06h10ael

-Anthony's POV-

What is he doing? I thought to myself as Ian, Marzia, Sawyer, and Felix started to approach Anna's dad. He crossed his arms over his chest as the guards who brought Anna, Kendall, Kalel, and I out and the gunmen who were supposed to shoot us down backed him up.

Anna grabbed Kendall's hand and ran away while her dad was distracted. I stared at her in disbelief before returning my attention to my friends and The Other Siders. "How'd you get here?" Anna's dad asked.

"You're really not good at being discreet about your existence," Ian responded, "I mean, you must've known sometime I would realize my reflection in the mirror looked nothing like me. In fact, my reflection looks like a girl."

"You still didn't answer my question," He replied, taking a step closer to my friend, "How did you get here?"

"Does it really matter?" Ian, shut up. Just shut up! I said in my head. "Look, I'm only here to tell you to let-"

"Tell me how you got here right now, or I'll have all four of my men shoot your friends down," He threatened, pointing over to Kalel and me. My eyes widened and my heart beat picked up.

"I doubt you'd do that," Ian tested him, crossing his arms over his chest. You idiot! You motherfucking idiot! I screamed inside my head.

"Oh really?" He turned towards the guards and ordered for them to "Hold them back!" Them being the bullies from my school. The four guards took Ian, Marzia, Sawyer, and Felix and backed them away. "And get ready to shoot them," He pointed to Kalel and me. The four gunmen arranged themselves in front of Kalel and me, two gunmen per person.

Kalel clung to my side, "What's going on, Anthony?" She whispered shakily.

I didn't answer her, but instead swallowed hard and looked to my left, where Anna and Kendall were standing in the shadows, watching it all go down. I could see tears streaming down Anna's cheeks as Kendall held her close to him.

"FIRE!" Anna's dad's voice boomed.

The gunmen cocked their guns and aimed them at us. Before they could shoot, I put Kalel behind me and took the bullets from all four guns. Screams and gasps echoed through the courtyard. I fell back into Kalel from the impact and took both of us down. Kalel pushed herself out from under me, luckily untouched, and ran over to her friends who brought her into a group hug. I turned my head to the left. Even though the world around me was fading quickly, I saw Anna fighting against Kendall, trying to rush over to me. But he was holding her back. She opened her mouth and her scream was muffled. That's when everything went black.

-Anthony's Mom's POV-

I was making breakfast for the boys and me. My youngest son, Matt, was sitting at the table, coloring. "Anthony! Wake up!" I shouted as I flipped a pancake.

"Anthony's not here, mommy," Matt commented as he picked up another crayon and started scribbling with it.

I looked over my shoulder at him, "What do you mean Anthony's not here?"

"Anthony's not here," He repeated as he kicked his legs back and forth and looked up at me. I threw the spatula down and rushed over to Anthony's bedroom, where I pushed the door open to find his room completely empty. "Not again..." I murmured as I ran back into the kitchen, picking up the phone and dialing the number for the Amber Alert. While the phone was ringing, I looked out into the front room and saw the news on.

"Breaking news," The news reporter began, "Five local students have been reported missing." I dropped the phone and walked into the front room where Matt was sitting on the floor, entranced by the TV. I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned on the doorway that separated the living room from the kitchen. "Their names are Marzia Bisognin, Sawyer Hartman, Ian Hecox, Felix Kjellberg - better known by friends as Pewdiepie, and Kristen Smith - better known by the name of Kalel Cullen. All of them are eleventh graders at Sacramento High School. They've been reported missing since last night. We have groups looking for them all over town. If you or anyone you know has information regarding where they might be, please call the Sacramento Police Station or the help number on the bottom of the screen. Thank you. Next we have..."

I turned around and walked back in the kitchen. "Come on, Matt! You've got to eat!" He got to his feet and scrambled to get in his seat. I flipped the now burnt pancake onto a plate and slid it in front of my son. He picked it up in his hands and began shoveling it into his mouth.

I rolled my eyes and went over to the sink, filling one side of the sink with water to do dishes. What's going on? I thought to myself, My son goes missing, comes back, and then goes missing again. Now five of his school friends have gone missing too. Seriously, what the fuck is going on? I walked over to the oven and picked up the pan I was using to clean it. I burnt my hand on the handle and yelped in pain. My son jerked his head in my direction as I ran over to the sink and put my hand under the faucet that was pouring out cold water. I clenched my teeth in pain.

That's when I looked in the side that was filling up with water and saw my reflection. Except...it didn't quite look like me. I retracted my burnt hand to my side and leaned over the sink to get a better look at my reflection.

I tapped the water and it rippled. Funny thing was that I didn't see the bottom of the sink. I slowly dipped my hand in the water and realized that I couldn't see my hand under the surface of the water. It was as if it disappeared. I immediately jerked my hand back and stared at the water in disbelief. "What's happening?" I thought aloud.