Prologue

I sit on the porch in front of my home waiting for him to arrive with his surprise, my legs swaying in sync with the wind.

"Noona!," I heard him call. I turn to see him running towards me with his hands behind his back.

"Ne?," I replied as he ran in front of me.

"Look at what I got!," he pulled out a mini bag of chips from behind him.

I smiled. I love seeing him like this, so happy.

He grabbed my hand and ran to the yard behind my house, the smile never leaving his face.

He sat down in front of me and tugged my hand signalling me to sit down.

I sat down in front of him and smiled. He opened the bag of chips and scouted over to me.

I pulled a chip out of the bag and ate it, he did the same.

Soon we had finished all the chips, there was just one piece left. He pulled it close to his mouth so he could taste the last salty chip left.

Before he could eat it, I grabbed it from him and shoved it into my mouth.

He watched me in disbelief as I licked the leftover taste of the chips off my lips.

"Aigoo... Noona when do I get to eat the last chip?," he asked as I pulled him into my embrace.

"When you become my oppa," I replied quietly while holding him tightly.

"But I can never be older than you Noona, you will always be eight months older," he looked at me with sad eyes.

"You can have it next time," I said smiling at him.

"Thank you, you're so kind Noona," he said as he pulled away from me.

"You're more kind, that's why I love you," I smiled at him.

"If that's why Noona loves me, I promise I'll always be a good boy," he smiled back at me.

✨ Thirteen Years Later ✨

"Jeon Jungkook! How many freaking times to we have to tell you that you can't talk back to teachers?! The only reason you've made it to 12th grade is your marks! SERIOUSLY! Learn to be respectful," my teacher yelled at him, this wasn't something new. It's something that happens often.

"Well that's one way to talk to your student isn't it?," he replied shamelessly.

"To someone like you, it should seem like I'm being as respectful as I can be," once again Jungkook and my teacher were fighting.

Nowadays whenever they fight, the sounds of their thundering voices in the classroom just fade away as my thoughts take control of me.

What happened to him? What happened to my beloved Jungkook?

Every time I watch him, I feel as if I can stretch my hand out and reach him, that boy who I used to play with for hours and hours. But every time I try, the boy I pull back is a whole new person.

I try to forget the old boy, all my memories with him. But when I try to, I just can't, forgetting him is forgetting my childhood. He was always by my side, and I was always by his.

But he changed.

He isn't that boy who would come running to me everyday wanting to see his Noona.

Now when I look at him I feel as if the boy I love is so close to me, yet he's so far away. He's lost somewhere in this new boy.