Chapter 1

I walked down the halls of my school to the café.

I didn't bring any money to buy a drink or meal, I packed my own lunch this morning.

As soon as I arrived in the café, I scanned the room for him. I spotted him sitting at the table beside the window to my far left.

I swung my bag over my shoulder and walked down the aisles of tables towards him.

"Hey Baekhyun," I put my bag down and sat down beside him.

He said something, but I wasn't able to make it out due to the sandwich in his mouth.

He pulled it out of his mouth, "Hey"

"We have dance together next period right?," I asked as I got my lunch out of my bag.

"Mhm," he replied as he put his straw into his drink.

He sipped a bit of it, "You want?," he shook his drink in front of me.

I shook my head and he continued drinking.

I honestly can't believe it, it's been 10 years since Jungkook became who he is today, but I never did anything to stop him.

Maybe if I stopped him when he began being like this back when we were best friends, he wouldn't be who he is today.

I always put the blame on myself for his behaviour. Baekhyun, Jungkook and my friend for the past 11 years always told me it was his fault but I still put the blame on myself.

If I had just said something to him, if I did something, maybe he wouldn't be who he is today.

I just wish I had done something, something to prevent him from being the hated man he is now.

"Stop," I look up from my food at Baekhyun confused.

"I know you're thinking about him," he placed his hand on my shoulder.

I continued giving him a confused face. "Jungkook, I know it's him. Just forget him already"

"Why do you think that I'm thinking about him?," I asked moving his hand off my shoulder.

"Because you always do," he replied grabbing his drink.

"Well, I try to forget him, but I just can't," I sighed heavily.

"Why?," he asked as he sipped his drink again.

"I don't know, I try but I just can't. I know our best friend is still somewhere in him. He's lost somewhere in his new boy and I want him back," I said clenching my fists.

"The boy you want is fading away, even if he's lost somewhere in this new boy, he's fading away, just forget him and more importantly stop blaming yourself," he replied placing his hand on mine.

"But I can't, I can't forget him. No matter what you say or do, I'll never forget him. And you know what, I may have let him become who he is today but, this year, I'll find our best friend. I'll bring him back no matter what the consequences," I replied squeezing his hand.

"There's no stopping you is there?," he asked as he struggled to pull his hand out of my grip.

"No"

"Fine but just, stop blaming yourself. That just hurts me," he replied as he finally got his hand out of my grip.

"It hurts less than to blame him," I replied, he stayed silent.

He once again offered me his drink, this time instead of denying him, I drank a bit. Slowly placing his straw in my mouth with my trembling hands. Which wasn't a surprise, any time we spoke of him my hands trembled.

"Why can't we just be two normal friends without a Jungkook interfering our everyday lives?," he asked as he watched me.

I took the straw out of my mouth, "Because he's still our best friend"

"Not exactly, our best friend is lost somewhere in this new boy isn't he?," he asked mocking me.

I glared at him, "BUT WHYYY ITS LIKE HAVING A MONOLOGUE OF THE MEANING OF LIFE EVERYDAY," he replied flailing his hands around.

I chuckled at that and got up from my seat.

"Hm? Where you goin girl? You just gonna leave handsome man alone here?," he asked. Handsome man is what Jungkook and I used to call him back in when we were all friends.

I pointed over at the salad bar.

"Why do you wanna go there? You don't even have money on you," he replied.

"Look," I said pointing at dark figure standing near the salad bar.

"Is that Jungkook or something?," he asked squinting his eyes.

"Mhm," I replied picking my bag up.

"Leaving me for him? What a shame Y/N, what a shame," he shook his head in disappointment.

"I'll be back in a second, I'm not leaving handsome man alone," I chuckled and walked to the bar.

I walked by the crowd of people to a gang of boys standing near the salad bar. Jungkook standing in the group of boys, he didn't seem quite engaged in there conversation.

I wouldn't dare walk into that group of boys, I just stood out there smiling at Jungkook. Knowing he would come to me once he saw me, at least I hoped so.

I moved around so he could see and smiled even more once he noticed me.

He rolled his eyes and walked out of the group of boys over to me.

"What?," he asked impatiently.

Now that I was actually confronting him, I realized I probably wouldn't be able to turn him back into that boy. But, it's still worth a try.

"I, uh, wanted to talk to you," I said looking down to his feet.

"And I, uh, don't wanna talk to you," he replied mockingly as he walked back to his friends.

"Wait," I grabbed his hand.

"What?", he asked as he aggressively pulled his hand away.

"I..."

"You...?," he began tapping his foot impatiently.

"I miss you"