~2. Los Angeles~

In Dining room

Xavier

"Had a good day?" Gigi, my grandmother, asked Dad when he entered and took his seat.

"As good as any other, I suppose."

"Mary, don't serve Xavier the salad. There is carrot in that." Mom said as I'm allergic to carrots. Mary, our chef, knows it but Mom still informs her everytime, just in case.

"I already told her to cut some cucumber for him." Joseph replied. He's basically our house steward.

"Thank you." I said, taking a bite while Joseph nods bowing slightly.
"Mary? I won't be home tomorrow so you don't need to cook for me." Mary nods in understanding.

"To the King's?" Dad asks.

"Angela?" Mom asks and Gigi gives me a look.

"It's just a meeting with Mr. King. I don't think Angela will be there." I reply and say the last part, looking at Gigi.

I hope it's clear to her. She doesn't need to tease me everytime I or someone talk about Angela or basically any girl.

"Sorry. I'm late." Jess enters with an apologetic smile on her face and sits on her usual seat. "Hello, mom. Hello, dad. Hey, Gigi. Hi." She says the last part looking at me.

I smile at her with a simple "Hey."
"Hello, baby," Dad greets warmly.
"Good Evening." Mom said.
"Why is my Jess late again?" Gigi asked. Her tone was nothing harsh instead very soft.

"Uhm..I lost the track of time. Sorry."

"It's fine, baby." Gigi replies, softly smiling.

Mom clears her throat. "Tardiness becomes vicious, Jess."

Jess just looks at her lap.

The maids serve the food and we start with our dinner.

"Mom." I call and continue, "Dad have talked to Emily today. Your new doctor, Dr. Parker is arriving a day after."

"You think she's good?" Gigi asks Dad.

"I believe so." Dad answers.

"What if she's like one of the doctors we had before?" Mom asks.

"I told you, Jenny, if you don't like it, we won't do it further. She's really good at what she does. Just once, if you give her a chance." Dad says when she sighs.

"What did you say her name was?" Mom asks after a while.

"Dr. Parker. Dr. Zoey Parker." I say with a hopeful smile. Mom looks at me then at Jessica who has a smile on her face too. Jess nods her head lightly encouraging her.

Mom takes a sip of water before placing the glass again at its spot. "Let's see what can she do." She said in a low voice which brings a huge grin on everyone's face. We exchange the happy look with each other and continue eating.

"She's from New York. Manhattan to be specific." Dad says. "She has worked with some of the best surgeons. I even got Stella (Xavier's personal assistant) to check her on Google. Ratings, reputation, talent, everything is as Emily described. Excellent...

Next Day

Zoey

THUDD!! I jolted up from my bed in horror as I heard someone throw the door open of my room. It must have definitely left a dent on the wall.