Chapter IV: Encouragement

I was about to stand up from my seat in front of the convenience store I was sitting at when I saw a familiar brown hair with a pair of deep black eyes, I found myself somehow in comfort when I saw Vic arriving with his not so on my good side best friend, Ivan.

“Let’s go, I need to change anyway” he said without even a single apologetic nerve in his face.

“What he truly meant by that is he’s sorry and he promises never to be late again on one of your tutor lessons.” Vic said smiling genuinely as we both trailed Ivan to his house, as he walked he leaned closer to my ears causing me to stop on my tracks “ nice shirt” he said and that sent tingles down my spine as a blush formed in to my cheeks.

“Come on love birds, we do not have all day!” an annoying voice interrupted us “well, looks like our almighty Ivan is now pissed, and this is already my block so, see you around” with that Vic left and no one is left with me but Ivan.

We reached a medium sized house and a lady on her mid-thirties opened the door for us.

“Mom this is uhhh, what’s your name again?” I rolled my eyes and diverted my attention to lady in front of me.

“Hi, I am Ivy Lucker and I will be your son’s tutor for the whole semester” to my surprise, the lady in front of me looked skeptical and somewhat uncomfortable.

“Mom, we’re heading in now” Ivan spoke and that interrupted her mom’s train of thoughts.

“Is something wrong?” Ivan inquired.

“Nothing, just a familiar surname.”

“Okay, we’re heading upstairs now” Ivan said as I excused myself. “Well, see you later ma’am.”

“Call me Linda” then I nodded in response as we headed to Ivan’s room.

Well, just as I expected, he’s our typical music loving guy with every band instrument on his cramped room.

“So, where will we study?”

 __________

An hour and a half later, I gave up. This guy is not a bit interested in physics at all, so I just left him with some stuff to work on.

“Can I have Vic’s number before I go?”

I blurted out as I typed my cell number on his, and he gave me a very annoying smirk, and with that I got rid of my hopes that I will have the chance to get to know Vic better.

“I’ll just give him yours so it won’t look like you’re stalking him”

Ohhhh… so Vic Inquired for my number already.

“I just said I’ll give him you’re number, why are you blushing” he asked with his signature amused smirk on his face.

I stood up from his make-shift study table and blurted out a ‘see you tomorrow’ while still annoyingly blushing,

“just so you know, I won’t play cupid on the two of you” of course you won’t.

“and if you hurt Vic, I will forget that you’re even a girl” that made me stop on my tracks.

“Your mind is too fast paced.”

“Everything is fast paced” he said in reply as I left the room.

 _______________

Two hours after I got to my house from Ivan’s my phone rang and it flashed an unknown number.

Must be Vic

I cleared my throat as I said

“hello”

And a familiar voice said

“How’s it going, this is Vic, uh, you see Ivan, he gave me your number.”

‘no need to explain’

“I see, well…”

“Well I was hoping to talk to you”

“and you already are.”

“you know, my mom is talking to Ivan’s mom and I heard your last name on their conversation”

“yea, that’s weird, Linda kinda said my last name is familiar.”

“Beats me, so how’s tutoring?”

“not so good, he seems” “uninterested” I said after a pause.

“is that so? Uh well, I can be of help.” He said suggestively.

i furrowed my brows as if he can see it “how”

“you see, tomorrow, is Sunday right?”

“yea, what?”

“wait, are you catholic?”

“aww, yes, why?”

“oh maybe you wanted to attend the mass together and after that I’ll tell you the do’s and don’ts so your time with Ivan would be more..." he paused at this " productive, how’s that to you?”

After seconds of thinking I said “yes, that sounds great”

“okay then, i'll pick you up at six” I can hear the glee on his voice as he hung up.

Maybe this is the encouragement I need to keep going.

 tutoring Ivan to get closer to Vic. 

Oh, this is bad,but Ivan kinda gets this because he is helping me out. 

He is right, everything seems to be fast paced.

 ****

short and crappy, i know.