CHAPTER III: OH NO YOU DON'T!

IVY’S POV

Damn that Mr. Whales. What?! I won’t pass if he doesn’t?! And I even have to sacrifice my Saturday for that earphones dude, uh- what’s his name again?! Oh yah- IVAN, I should hate that name, on the contrary, his friend Vic is nice, I mean, he has this nice brown hair, paired with his deep black eyes- darn.

‘You sound like a fan girl’

I hear my mind say, I can’t blame my subconscious for thinking that way, I mean I find fan girls funny but I guess I am turning into one of them because of my ‘crush-on-first-sight’ dilemma.

Speaking of a dilemma, I don’t know how my dad is going to take this, surely I could just walk outside the house like I don’t tutor I guy and he won’t notice but then again, I wanted to be honest with my dad and since I think this matter shouldn’t be hidden to my parents cause it will just cause me trouble,

I walked into the dining table with one of my ‘begging for favor’ smiles (yes, I have many, and so as my favors) where my dad is eating pancakes with honey and butter on top. I grabbed one pancake and started pouring chocolate syrup on top when my dad asked me

“What’s with the begging for favor smile?”

My dad really knows me; it’s also one of the reasons why I certainly can’t hide anything from him. He just knows me so-freaking-well.

“uh, dad, I have to go somewhere this afternoon, see, there is this guy and Crazy Mr. Whales wanted me to tutor him, I can’t refuse cause I don’t pass when he doesn’t” I was stammering but I tried to hold in my nervousness and said my statement with one breath.

To my surprise dad just laughed and retorted “I heard it this morning from your mom sweetie, you don’t need to worry, and your teacher isn’t that crazy at all, he got you covered.”

‘Got me covered? What was that supposed to mean?’ I furrowed my brows

As if my mom heard what I think she interjected at our conversation “yes, he actually spoke about this idea. Upon seeing your school records, he called us and spilled the offer, being a good person, I said yes because he narrated it as if the boy really needed help.”

I was really shocked by this, but then again, the odds are totally in my favor right now. I am really thankful that I have her as my mom, because she and dad are the total opposite, Dad is really protective with me, protective was an understatement, he was actually over protective. When I mention I want to go to some concert, party  or something, he would just brush the topic off and say ‘you’re not for those stuff sweetie’ or something like ‘no you won’t go there, period, end of conversation’ and the undying  ‘do you want guys to feast on you there? How can you be so sure that nothing bad will happen’ yea, he turns into his ‘overprotective dad mode’ when it comes to guys but mom on the other hand, understands me, she supports me with everything and sometimes help me think of a good excuse for dad to buy and I can go out.

“He seemed like a nice guy as your mom narrated” dad said before he gulped his coffee

I actually don’t think Mr. Whales narrated it to mom as if Ivan is nice did he? I gazed at mom and she gave me the ‘just go with it’ expression, then I just smile approvingly. After eating my pancakes and had a sip on my milk I excused myself saying I have to prepare the things and the lesson I will teach him, but I was actually thinking about preparing my mind for a huge culture shock that I was about to experience, I mean I am not NEW to the idea of befriending a guy- or guys but there’s something about Ivan that is just so different, I mean that guy doesn’t even want to study, the reason for that? I think I should find out for this tutoring job to be effective.

“I am off to see him now mom” I said as I dashed to the door “see you later” I added

Then she replied with a quick “okay.”

I really don’t know where his house is exactly but he said he will meet me at a convenience store that is a ten minute walk away from my house.

‘Will he be with Vic?’ I asked myself the tenth time as I started walking, I surely don’t know this feeling when I get a glimpse of Vic, I know how it feels when you’re new to the guy- world but I am not, surely there is something about him that I don’t get.

Something different.

Good different.

A higher level than of a crush, but I think an overstatement to call love

‘For fuck’s sake, you just met him yesterday!’ my mind retorted and I sighed as I admit defeat, clearly my know it-all subconscious haunts me every single time.

I have reached the convenience store and to my surprise, there wasn’t anyone waiting for me there. I checked my watch to see if I came too soon, but I was actually punctual so I checked if he was inside and he wasn’t I am not even surprised now, why didn’t it occur to me that he wasn’t going to show up because clearly, he doesn’t want anything to do with this. Ugh, I am really annoyed with this guy, first he ignored me on the hallway when I needed his help then he stood me up today. Oh, what was I expecting anyway?

I waited thirty long minutes because some part of me was hoping that he was a little bit concerned with his grades but then I made up my mind that he was a jerk and he isn’t going to show up.

With that I left my seat and fixed myself, getting ready to leave.

What Am I going to do now?

How about my grades?

Ohhh, this is really stressful,

I need to think of a solution- fast.

But if he really doesn’t want to do this, there is nothing for me to do

Is there?

Much to my annoyance, nothing is really coming to my mind.

I got stood up by the most annoying guy on Earth.