Beard buddies

"Webber?"

"Hiya mister Wilson!"

Wilson looked at the soaked child, he was only holding a bug net and had a straw hat.

"We're catching butterflies and bees! The bees were mean..."

That was basic knowledge by now but you hold your tongue, the little boy has only been here for a couple months. He would usually stick around Wickeebottom though, and wouldn't gather many supplies. He gathered food with his friends instead.

"Yeah, um it's spring. They get pretty nasty this time around"

He gasps when he sees Glommer at your side.

"Glom Glom! I forgot about him, can I have him for now? I'll trade you Chester!"

"Uh, I mean sure I don't mind"

They switch eyebone and flower off. He tucks the flower into his cardigan. Wilson can't remember when Webber ever got a cardigan. Probably a kind gift from Wickerbottom.

"Thanks Mister Wilson!" You wonder if you should tell him to shave his beard soon since it was edging Summer. No, he'a went through that season before he knows common procedure. He's fidgeting around with his bug net while you check what Chester has inside him.

"Mister Wilson, if it's not too much to ask... could we stay at your camp? We don't know what happened but our camp is gone now!"

You suppose you could use a second hand, its always nice to have company too. But that would also mean- no, he couldn't leave a child out here.

"You sure can, we're not that far actually"

The spider child  smiles brightly and holds Wilson's free hand as they trekked to his camp.

He runs around the wood floors you've managed to put down (half of your camp was still just dirt though), and seemed rather impressed.

"Its not as big as the old one but this is a really cozy home!"

You can't tell if he's being sarcastic, you have no tent or walls set up. This was a rather basic base at the moment.

Wilson opens his fridge, offering a raw slab of monster meat to Webber. It was the only thing (other than berries) that he had. Webber however, takes the raw meat and eats it with content.