17. Dead

Longest night - Howie day

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lewis sat there waiting for any sign of Lacey. She left without saying what was about to happen, she left with a warning of something, but what?

He shot his head up instantly when he heard the bloodcurdling scream sound from the other end of the lake, he ran fast. Completely wiping the conversation he had with Lacey. He had to save her, find out what had happened. He watched her fall to the ground and the vampire run off. "Camille!" Lewis shrieked as he went off in her direction. He fell down beside her barely breathing body. Camille's breathing was faint and blood poured out of her neck at a fast pace. He covered up the wound but nothing stopped the flow as it spilled over his hand. "Camille come on wake up." The smell of her blood filled his nostrils, he breathed in deeply but gained control of the urge. She was in trouble and soon she wouldn't make it. He lifted his wrist to his mouth and bit into it before placing it on her mouth. "Come on Camille, please take my blood." Nothing, no sign of movement in anything.

Camille watched him hovering over her body, how he placed his wrist onto her mouth but her human body didn't respond. "What's going on?" Camille whispered.

"You're having an out of body experience."

"What is that?" Camille turned to her, and watched the girl speak to her like she knew what was happening to her.

"You see your body down there, you haven't got long. This is a little test to see whether you are ready to die or stay alive. But you only have a little while before 'it' takes you."

"What takes me?"

"The end." The girl stood there.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Lacey. It's nice to meet you." She smiled at her.

"You are Lacey? Lacey from the summer of 1916?" Lacey nodded. "He was right."

"Who was?" Lacey arched one of her eyebrows.

"Lewis, he was right. You are so pretty." Camille looked down to the ground then back up when she heard Lacey snicker. "What's happening to me?"

"Nothing at this moment, but if he can't get your heart starting... You will die." Camille gasped.

"Oh my god. I have to sit down."

"Wait.. Slight problem."

"Huh?" Camille twisted her head to Lacey.

"You can't sit down, you can't do anything that involves the real world, we are on the outskirts of it. Like a new division, we can only contact through magic. But there's no magic left... Well there won't be any soon."

"I don't get it."

"There isn't much to get. Basically you can't do anything but watch." Lacey pointed to Lewis who was still hovered over Camille's body. "He's trying to save you." Camille watched him as he fed her body his blood. "No matter what he says to you, Lewis has feelings for you." Camille turned back around and faced Lacey.

"Come on Camille. Please, wake up. I need you." Lewis pleaded to her. A few tears fell from his eyes. Camille slowly walked up behind him and reached out to touch his shoulder before halting.

"He can't feel my touch can he?" Lacey shook her head and Camille sighed. "He's so upset, what can I do?"

"Nothing." Lacey shrugged her shoulders. "Just watch him." Lewis raised his head and knew he needed to do something fast. He ran off into the trees.