Chapter six

When Kensi woke up, the first thing she noticed was the intense stabbing pain in her chest. Then she felt the stinging on her face and back. Then the tugging of stitches on her legs. She groaned as she stood up slowly, noticing that she had fallen asleep at work. Embarasisng.

No one was around, so she slowly made her way down stairs. It was dark outside now, meaning that she'd been asleep for hours. Nice going, she thought, falling asleep on the job your first day. It sensed like everyone had gone home, but she saw that her new team's bags were still on her desk, so she started her search for them.

Deciding they were probably interrogating the man she caught, she headed for the boathouse. The lights were on, so she quietly opened the door, not wanting to disturb an interrogation. But when she walked in, Sam, G, and Deeks were all gathered around a monitor with their backs to her. She could see what they were watching: her fighting the five men. The camera must have been out of range of the jammer.

She watched their reactions, as they winced and oohed, before the video finally ended.

"Enjoy the show?" she asked grimly, startling them all. They whirled around and there was an smears moment of silence before Deeks extended his fist.

"That was rocking, Blye!" he said. "I call her as my partner.". The tension eased out of the room as Kensi chuckled.

"Works for me," shrugged Callen, "that way someone on your team can actually fight.". Deeks glared at Callen, knowing he was kiddin.

"I bet she could kick your ass too!" he declared. Kensi widened her eyes, and Sam's jaw dropped. Callen just raised an eyebrow, then turned to Kensi.

"I don't want any part of this!" she declared, raising her hands. "I just wanna know what the Russian told us. We didn't catch the boss.". Brought back to the subject at hand, everyone turned to the monitor which showed the man in the room.

"He won't talk." said Sam. I've tried everything. Nice black eye by the way." Kensi grimaced at the thought of her racoon eye, she hadn't looked in the mirror yet.