Prologue

It was time.
He wasn't home and now it was time for her to leave.
She was crying, she shouldn't feel sad, but she couldn't help it. After all these years of verbal abuse, the hitting and rape, she should feel happy about getting away. But in side it killed her because she felt like she had failed in life. She failed her marriage but most importantly she failed the innocent child that was growing within her.

She crossed the threshold of the house with one hand on her tummy and another holding the little backpack filled with a change of clothes and the money that she had kept secret. After her parents died 3 years ago they left her everything that they had. Since her husband started to abuse her just before her parents died she never told him.

She had this planned for a while. She will get a taxi and head south and empty out her bank account. Find a nice little town with hardly anyone there. She knew her husband wouldn't think of that. He would look in bigger cities knowing that a lot of people could hide a single person better. But he will be wrong.

She hoped that within time he will give up searching for her. Maybe think that she moved to a different country or even better died.

But how wrong can one person be...