I Have My Life Back

Chuuya saw bodies dropping left and right. He watched through is eyes as corruption caused damage all around him. Chuuya watched as he viciously ripped people apart piece by piece. He watched as he slaughtered Fyodor. He watched as he sucked the life out of both of his young children. Chuuya's eyes widened in shock as he looked at the two small, and stiff dead bodies on the floor. And Chuuya saw himself looking at Dazai, he saw how injured his husband was and he knew there was no way he could escape. All Dazai could do was accept death, and all Chuuya could do was watch as a passenger in his own body. Chuuya screamed as he looked at Corruption tear Dazai apart. Chuuya jumped up out of his sleep gasping and crying. His sudden outburst jolted Dazai wide awake and Dazai sat beside Chuuya and pulled him in to his arms, comforting his well as he could.

Chuuya looked up at Dazai and he touched Dazai's face in disbelief

"D-Dazai...? Is this real...? Is it-"

"Yes. I'm here." Dazai took his hand and put Chuuya's hand on his beating heart to give his lover comfort. "This is real. You're home. You're safe. I'm safe. Our daughter and son are safe."

Chuuya regulated his breathing as he kept his hand on Dazai's steady heartbeat.

"And Dostoyevsky, is he-"

"Dead. He's dead."

"What about the others in the Rats?"

"All currently being detained."

"Good... that's good... The kids are they... terrified of me... I mean corruption... I... I'm sure I looked like a monster..."

"Oh baby... no... no. They don't think of you as a monster and they're not scared of you. They've been worried sick for a week, wondering when their mommy will wake up. They are going to be happy to see you." Dazai reassured Chuuya and he kissed him on the top of his head.

Chuuya bit his lip as tears started to spill down his eyes.

"Do you hate me...?" Chuuya asked in a shaky voice. Truly afraid of what the answer would be.

"Don't be silly." Dazai said as he ruffled Chuuya's hair softly. "I could never hate you. You're my husband. I love you more than anything in this world. I know everything you did was to keep me and Bernadette safe. To keep the Port Mafia safe. And I am sorry for the way I reacted. I was shocked, hurt, and I didn't know how to process all of it at once. But it could never make me stop loving you Chuuya."

Dazai pulled Chuuya closer and he kissed him softly on the lips over and over again. Conveying every promise, every missed touch, making up for the two years spent apart. Dazai and Chuuya put as much feeling into the kiss as they could. Dazai was the first to pull away and he looked lovingly into Chuuya's big blue eyes and he smiled.

"I love you so much Dazai Chuuya

"I love you so much Dazai Chuuya."

Chuuya giggled at that as he wiped his tears and kissed Dazai again.

"And I love you Dazai Osamu."

"Forever..." Dazai said.

Chuuya put his forehead on Dazai's. "And ever..."

"Until death pry's us apart."

"And even in death I will always find you." They both said a they kissed each other again. They heard tiny giggles echo through the hospital room, and Dazai and Chuuya pulled apart laughing.

"Seems we have company

"Seems we have company." Dazai chuckled.

"Seems we do." Chuuya laughed with him as he pulled out of Dazai's arms and opened his arms up for his children.

"Mama!" Bernadette yelled excited as she ran and jumped into Chuuya's arms hugging him tightly.

"I've missed you so much!" Bernadette said as she kissed Chuuya's cheek.

"Chuuya laughed with his daughter as Dazai put the small child on his lap. "I've missed you too my little princess."

But Chuuya's happiness was cut short when he noticed Lupin standing away from them.

"Lupin?" Chuuya called.

Lupin looked up with tears in his eyes and he hiccupped trying to hold back his tears.

"Lupin... Honey come here... Why are you crying hm?"

Lupin started walking over to Chuuya and Chuuya lifted him up holding him close to his chest.

"Mama doesn't need me anymore right...? You have your family back..."

Hearing Lupin say this broke Chuuya's heart. Chuuya never would not include Lupin in their family. Regardless if Dazai was his father or not. Dazai already loved him and referred to him as his son, and Chuuya would trade his son for anything in the world.

"Lupin look at me. Look at mommy." Chuuya lifted Lupin's face up in his hands and smiled. "Me and Daddy Dazai love you more than anything in this world. And you are just as much a part of this family as Bernadette is. Don't ever think that we don't need you. We love you Lupin." Dazai and Chuuya both kissed Lupin's cheek and the young child giggled.

"Dazai...?" Lupin looked at Dazai curiously as he sat on Chuuya's lap.

"Yes, little man?"

"Can I call you dad?" Lupin asked.

Dazai looked at Lupin in shock, and then he smiled down at Lupin Dazai ruffled Lupin's hair, and moved his hand down to his cheek, rubbing it gently.

"Of course, you can. I would love that." Dazai smiled.

Lupin smiled brightly at Dazai and he held Dazai's hand in his little ones

Lupin smiled brightly at Dazai and he held Dazai's hand in his little ones. Chuuya smiled at the sight of his husband and children. Chuuya was happy he finally had his life back, he was finally free from his prison. He finally could say he was happy again. And Chuuya wouldn't trade this kind of love for anything in the world.