Chapter 4

********************

When I got home that night, I was still thinking about Jake. I just know there's something wrong with him and he isn't telling me. It hurts. I'm supposed to be his best friend yet he doesn't trust me enough to tell me what's wrong. Maybe I'm just over-exaggerating and there really is nothing wrong with him. That's probably it. I hear a knock at my bedroom door.

"Come in" I sigh and the door slowly opens to reveal my annoying brother Sam. "Ugh. What do you want?" I ask him.

"Can you drive me to hockey pratice?" He asks.

"What?" I exclaim "It is 6 o'clock! Why the hell would hockey practice be on at this time of day? Are the coaches fucking mental? Get mum to drive you. I'm tired and my bed is extremely comfortable right now. As I said, get mum to drive you or don't go!

"What crawled up your ass and died? God, I was only asking you do drive me to hockey. It's a fucking five minute drive and yet you still refuse. You're the best sister in the world. Please notice the sarcasm!" He shouted before slamming my bedroom door and stormed down the stairs. I buried my head in my pillow and carried on thinking about Jake. Jake, Jake, Jake, Jake, Jake!! I lifted my head and turned on my laptop which was previously sitting on my bedside table. It took a few minutes to come on and, during that time, I took my ipod out of my back pocket and put some music on. Now my room was filled with the sweet sound of 'Risk it all' by the Vamps. Finally, my laptop booted up and I opened Skype. I looked to see who was on and was quite surprised to see Jen, Lucy, Austin and Jake wereall on and so were a load of my other friends like Aaron and Luke. I decided to call Lucy. She picked up straight away.

"Hey bitch" she said and I laughed. That has been our greeting for each other since we first became close friends when we were ten.

"Hey" I said keeping it simple. She pouted.

"You were supposed to say bitch after that. It's our thing"

"I know. Sorry I just have thingson my mind"

"Like what?" She questions with a concerned look on her face.

"Not much really. It's just Jake. He's hiding something from me and I'm supposed to be his best friend. It's really upsetting me."

"Summer, I'm sure he's not hiding anything. You've known him forever and he's told you everything. Just let him be." I nodded at what she said.

"You're right. I'm worrying too much. Everything's fine. Um I have to go but I'll talk to you tomorrow?" She nodded ans I ended the chat still worrying about Jake.

***************

Jake's pov:

I hated lying to Summer. Telling her that I was fine when she's one of my best friends. I hated it but she can't find out how I feel about her. Ever. Never. Well, maybe I'll tell her one day but not today or tomorrow. Just one day. I loved it when I was so close today. When I pushed her against the car. I felt her hold her breath and it made happy. All I wanted to do was kiss her but that would obviously tell her how I feel. The right time will come. I know it will but I just have to wait.