II.

Dark couldn't help but smirk at Anti, who growled as a dark green smoke engulfed around him before slowly dissipating, taking Anti with it. I glanced over at Dark, who stood motionless with his hands behind his back, watching me as if studying my movements, taking in everything he could all at once. He watched me with a certain fear in his eyes, but he covered it extremely well with his intimidating aura that seemed to blanket over him like a fine silk.

I slowly stood to my feet, his black eyes never once leaving mine as he remained still.

"Where are you going?"

I froze for a moment as I simply pointed towards the kitchen, "I was uh, gonna make some... food. Are you hungry...?"

Dark rose a halting hand, turning on his heel as he approached the kitchen and began to rummage through my fridge, pulling things out while setting them gently upon the countertop between my fridge and the stove. Entering the kitchen with caution, Dark glanced back and motioned for me to sit at the table, which I did, never removing my eyes from his back.

I bit my lip as I watched him begin to open seasonings, the way his raven hair danced against his forehead with his fluid movements. Immediately my thoughts returned to the events that transpired within my room, the feeling of having Dark within me as I had dug my digits into his hair with such lust. How a deep part of me wouldn't mind doing that again with him.

I heard a snicker that almost seemed as though he had been forcing it to stay in, as if to hide it. He had clearly failed at it. "What's so funny?"

He glanced over his shoulder at me with a smirk, his hands still working on preparing whatever it was he was planning on cooking, "You know, Anti isn't the only one that can get inside your head and hear your thoughts."

I flushed a deep red, squeaking as I stiffened. Dark laughed as he turned back to give the food before him his full attention. It had been ages since a man last cook for me, so the gesture brought a hint of pink to my cheeks as I simply watched him with a certain level of fascination.

"Homemade burgers okay with you?"

"Hmm? Oh, yes! Thank you..."

I heard his hands stop moving for a brief moment before he returned to his task. Did he...? I shook my head, not wanting to get too far ahead of myself... let alone to prevent Dark from getting too comfortable inside my head.

The sound of sizzling hamburger filled the now silence that filled the kitchen, still watching Dark as he began to snoop through the cabinets, grabbing a glass and filling it with ice before he filled it with water and handed it to me. I slowly extended my hand, my cheeks still red and only darkened as my hand lightly touched his as I took the glass from him, "Th-thank you..."

He watched me for a moment before he turned his attention to the burgers. The smell made me drool slightly, to which I quickly wiped the drool from my chin before he noticed. I took a drink of my ice water, glancing back onto the living room of my home, not even realizing that he had placed a plate before me. Him clearing his throat is what snapped my attention back at him, then falling to the plate of burgers in the middle of the table.

"Mind if I join you?"

I looked up at him, shaking my head as he pulled out a kitchen chair and sat across from me. We ate in silence for what felt like forever before he shattered the silence, "I'll be staying here in the meantime."

I choked on my burger, coughing as I glanced up at him with a look of confusion. "Here? Why?"

"Why?"

He pushed his chair back and stood to his feet before he made his way to my side of the table, placing a finger beneath my chin as he raised my head to face him. He had a smirk that screamed desire, and yet, uncertainty.

"'Cause you're mine."