XIII

Annabeth

The nerve of her! She couldn't be any more disrespectful. She saw that I was with Percy, and yet, AND YET she continued to flirt with him. Oh if I wasn't afraid of getting in trouble, she might have ended up with a few less teeth. But anyway...

We pull into the school, at 6:00 even. Before I can open the door, Percy gets out, and runs over, opening it himself.

"You know Percy, you don't have to open the door for me. Im not helpless."

"I know, but mom told me I have to act like a gentleman."

"Okay." I reply laughing

Then a girl comes over. It's Drew. She laces her arm around Percy's, and tries to pull him inside. "Hey Percy. I knew you would come! Come on. Let's go inside."

"Uh. Excuse me." I say as Percy opens his mouth to say something. I give him a look saying 'let me handle this'.
I walk up to Drew, and say "hey Drew."

"Oh. Hey newbie. Where's your date?" She asks

"Oh he's here. Where's yours?"

"Oh. This is my date. He's my boyfriend. And I just love him so much. His name's Percy, and he's the hottest guy in the school. Who's your date?"

"Drew I'm not-"Percy tries to say

"Oh shush." Drew says

"Oh. My date. Oh. He's this really cute guy, that I've known since I was six. He's got the most untameable black hair, and these gorgeous sea green eyes. Also, His name is Perseus Jackson."

"Oh. I haven't seen anyone like that. I hope you find him ta-ta!" And then she tries to drag Percy away.

"Drew. Get back here." I grab Percy away from her, and say, "oh look. I found him. Hey, where'd your date go? Eh. I guess you just weren't good enough for him."

"Why you little-''

"Ah. Ah. ah. You don't want to ruin your reputation do you? Fighting a nobody that just moved here? I don't think so. Come on Perseus.''

"His name isn't Perseus! You don't even know him! You just want to make yourself popular by pretending to date this guy!"

"Hehe... Drew. Why don't you back off? I am not your boyfriend. I never will be. You can throw yourself at me, do anything to me, and I will never date you. You are not my girlfriend, and you never will be. So how about you just go and find someone else to manipulate into dating you. I'm in love with Annabeth, and she's the only one I will ever love." Percy says, looking Drew right in the eyes.

And then, without hearing what else Drew has to say, we go inside. It's already 6:15.

"I'm so sorry about that Wise girl, I didn't want to yell at her, but she was getting annoying."

"Percy, it's fine. I'm proud of you."

"Okay. Now where's the food?"

"You just had dinner."

"I know. But yelling at Drew took lots of energy."he says trying to make an excuse

"The food is over here " I say leading him to the food table.

************************************

Percy's POV

We were at the dance for a while, when Annabeth says to me, "Hey Percy. Isn't that your mom over there?" And points over to where our English Teacher Mr. Blofish is.

"Huh? The lady talking to Mr. Blowfish?"

"Yeah, and it's Blofis, not Blofish."

"Eh. What's the difference?"