Chapter 11

Ch.11 Louis’s POV

            I shifted in my plush airplane seat so that I could have a look at Alexa. Harry was next to me on my right, Liam on my left , and on the aisle across from us sat Zayn, Lexi, and Niall. The three of them seemed to be talking and laughing about something. I settled back down in my seat. We had left America to go to the UK a half hour ago. I noticed Harry was also looking at Alexa, but said nothing. I decided I needed rest and closed my eyes.

            I was awakened by Liam nudging my shoulder. “C’mon, mate,” he said, “we’ve just landed." I nodded groggily and stood up, following the rest of my bandmates and Lexi off the plane.

            Two hours later we safetly arrived at our flats. I told Lexi she could stay with Harry and I, for now at least, since we had an extra room. She had only nodded in response. At the moment, the lads and I were unpacking our suitcases, Lexi, having no other bags than her backpack, was currently sitting on the couch staring off into space. I joined her a little while later.

            “Your parents said they would ship your things out here as soon as they got a chance,” I informed her. She only nodded.

            “Maybe you should call them. Talk to them on the phone? I know they’d really appreciate it,” I suggested. Lexi cringed and shrugged her shoulders.

            “C’mon, Lex,” I sighed, “at least call your siblings, or maybe your friends. I know they all miss you.” Lexi nodded her head.

            “I know. I guess I really want to talk to them too. But… I don’t know about my parents yet. I know it’s a poor excuse… but it’d be really awkward and… I don’t know. But I really would like to talk to Alice, Taylor, Justin, and Maddie soon, too.” I nodded. That was completely understandable. I was just glad Lexi was finally talking to me. At that moment, all the boys walked in.

            “Hey there, Alexa,” Liam said grinning, walking up to the couch, “hey, Lou. What’s up?” The other boys followed and also had a seat on the couches.

            “Hi, guys,” Alexa said, sweetly. The boys grinned at her and said their greetings.

            “Hey, Alexa?” Niall asked. She looked at him and smiled.

            “Yeah?”

            “What should I call you? I mean I know your name’s Alexa, but everyone seems to call you different things.” Alexa laughed.

            "Hah, everyone does call me different things. Some Alexa, some Allie, some Lexi, some Lex, and some Al. Occasionaly, Charles."

            “I think I’m gonna settle for Charles,” Niall said, a grin spread across his face, “how’d you get that one?”

            “Not sure, my friend Lily started calling me that in about 3rd grade. Her and Kylie are the only ones who call me it,” she paused, “well I guess not the only ones anymore,” she laughed, looking at Niall.

            “So,” Zayn said, “you can sing, huh? We all saw the video, it was really good.” Lexi looked confused for a moment before an understanding smirk washed over her face.

            “Aha,” she said, leaning back against the couch, “so that’s how you found me, eh?” I smiled sheepishly.

            “Maybe…” I said myseteriously. Lexi rolled her eyes, stretched, and then fixed her shirt. She looked down, grimacing.

            “You okay, Lexi?” Harry asked curiously. Lexi burst out laughing.

            “Sorry… oh god. My clothes. I’ve been alternating between the same three hideous outfits every since I left. I’ve washed them of course, but only with hoses from empty houses.” Zayn jumped out of his seat.

            “This calls for a shopping trip!” he announced, walking towards the door, “I’ll go shower, be back in around 45 minutes,” Zayn winked at Lexi before shutting the door.

            “Well, that got him excited,” Harry laughed. He was on the left side of Lexi and Niall was on the right. Liam was sitting next to me on the couch across from them. I pulled out my phone.

            “Lex, Haz, Nialler, smile for the camera!” I said randomly, snapping a quick photo.

            “Why did you take a picture?” Lexi asked, her nose scrunched up, obviously confused.

            “Cause I’m tweeting it,” I shrugged, “so that the fans know there’s a new member of the 1D family.”

            “Lou!” Lexi screeched, “you know I’m not a girly-girl, and I don’t care much about looks, but come on! I haven’t had a proper shower in basically a month!”

            “Ohhh well,” I answered, smirking at her. She only rolled her eyes out me. I clicked on the tweet button in the corner of the picture and added a caption:

@Louis_Tomlinson: everyone please welcome @lexi_tommo to the 1D family. Thrilled to have my little cousin travelling with us! Love you Lex Xx (see attached photo)

            Instantly, I saw that Welome Lexi was a TT and that the boys had all RTd my tweet, and made some welcoming tweets themselves. I also saw Lexi had replied:

@lexi_tommo: @Louis_Tomlinson I’m hardly little, lou. And I love you too, boo. Xxx

@Louis_Tomlinson: @lexi_tommo aww Charles! <3

@NiallOfficial: @Louis_Tomlinson no fair! I called that nickname. Pick your own!

@xxLilyxx: actually, @NiallOfficial I came up with the nick name. do you mind giving your phone to my baby before I go through Charles withdrawal? Xx

@lexi_tommo: @xxLilyxx babe I missed you so much! I’ll call you right away! Xx

@lexi_tommo: as for @Louis_Tomlinson & @NiallOfficial this is getting a bit ridiculous, no need to tweet when we’re about 5ft away from eachother…

            I laughed and closed my Twitter app. Lexi ran over to me and grabbed my phone, then left the room. I was guessing it was to call Lily.

            10 minutes later, Lexi was off the phone, and Zayn was at the doorway to bring her shopping.