Late Night

Virgil sighed as he looked at his phone.
4:37 am.
He put down his paint brushes and got up and went into the kitchen for a little snack. After securing a snack he quickly returned to his room and began eating it as he picked his brush back up and began painting again. After hours of doing so Virgil left his room to clean out his brushes and a familiar prince brushed past him.
"You're up awful late, having trouble sleeping?"
Roman inquired as he grabbed a glass from the cabinet.
"Yeah, I was just painting."
"Painting?"
Roman poured some milk in the glass and drank it straight up before moving beside Virgil.
"What were you painting?"
"It's nothing really."
Virgil felt a little embarrassed and he started twirling his brushes in his hands nervously as he waited for the dreaded question.
"Can I see?"
There it was, Virgil opened his mouth to say no but his eyes moved up and met with the blue ones across from his and he melted.
"Sure."
With that Roman grabbed him and dragged him to Virgil's room, slightly bouncing on the balls of his feet.
"Show me! I'm sure it'll look wonderful."
"Not really, I'm really not that good."
Virgil shrugged and sighed as he opened the door to his dark room. In the middle of the room was a painting on an easel with some paint and water cups scattered everywhere. Virgil pointer towards it and put his hood up and stuffed his hands in his pockets. Roman moves around to look at the painting closer and gasped in awe upon seeing it. It was a painting of all of them together, big smiles on their faces except for Virgil who was just giving a soft smile.
"This is beautiful! Why haven't you shown this to anyone?"
"It's a gift for Patton."
Roman smiled and took me into a hug that I tried to ease away from.
"He'll of course love it, after all he loves anything from you but he'll probably die after seeing this. This is adorable and cute and everything like that."
I pursed my lips and looked toward the ground as I toed the ground.
"Thanks."
I muttered and started trying to push him out of the room.
"You're cute! This is cute! I like this side of you Virgil."
"Shut up, leave me alone."
"You're a cutie! Such a cutie pie, that's what you are Virgil!"
I managed to get him out of my room and closed the door, locking it and putting my headphones on to block out his overwhelming amount of compliments.