Forgiving

It's the next day, Marinette is sitting on the front steps of Collège François Dupont, nervously waiting for Adrien.

Marinette: (in hushed voice) Tikki, he's gonna be here soon! What if I mess things up?

Tikki: Don't worry, Marinette. You'll be fine. I bet Adrien is feeling just the same.

Marinette: But he's super confident! You know his Chat Noir side.

Tikki: What about your Ladybug side?

Marinette: But I'm Marinette, not Ladybug. It's different.

Tikki: I bet it's the same for him.

Marinette sighs and puts her head in her hands.

Tikki: Marinette, you've made it this far. You'll be fine, I know it!

Marinette: I hope so.

Teleportation to Adrien, who is behind the wall by the front stairs of Collège François Dupont. He is preparing himself to face Marinette.

Plagg: Look kid, if you're not gonna go up to her, just go to class or something.

Adrien: I am! Just give me a moment.

Plagg: You said that ten minutes ago.

Adrien: I'm nervous! What if she rejects me?

Plagg: Then you'll go home and cry in your pillow. Just get it over with!

Adrien: This is why I never ask for your advice.

Plagg: The longer you wait to talk to her, the longer you're not gonna know what's gonna happen.

Adrien: What if she rejects me??

Plagg: You already asked that.

Adrien: I just don't want that to happen. It would crush me knowing that neither Ladybug nor Marinette like me.

Plagg: Look kid, don't worry about it unless it happens. Just go up and talk to her! The longer you wait, the longer she's gonna be wondering if you're gonna even show up!

Adrien: I just. . .ok, I'll go up to her, right now.

Plagg: That's the spirit! Can I have some cheese now?

Adrien: In a bit. I wanna make sure this goes well.

Plagg: (grumbles a bit) Fiine.

Adrien takes a deep breath. He then appears from behind the wall and goes up to Marinette.

Adrien: H-hey.

Marinette: Adrien! U-um hi.

Adrien: Hey, Marinette. Can we talk about, um, you know. . . .

Marinette: Y-yeah! So um, there's been something I've been meaning t-to ask you.

Adrien: Y-yeah?

Marinette: You said you loved me, with or without the mask. You said that you loved Ladybug and that you would love the girl underneath the mask. D-do you. . .truly. . .u-um-

Adrien: Of course, Marinette!

Marinette stands.

Marinette: You never noticed me under the mask. You fell in love with Ladybug, not clumsy, old, me. . .Marinette. How do you know that the love for the girl under the mask is true, and it's not just because I'm Ladybug?

Adrien: I was in love with Ladybug. I didn't want to show my love to a girl who wasn't her. I wanted to love the girl who was truly under the mask.

Marinette: But, I'm not Ladybug. I'm Marinette. How do I know-

Adrien: You and Ladybug are the same person. Honestly, I'm surprised I didn't figure it out. (Marinette is about to speak, but Adrien cuts her off) You think you're not Ladybug right now. I see the superhero I fell in love with, right here.

Adrien touches Marinette's chest where her heart is. She gives a small gasp and is blushing.

Adrien: Now, I have a question for you, Marinette. I've already told you how I feel, do you. . .feel the same?

Marinette blushes a deeper red.

Marinette: I. . .um. . .uh. . . .

Adrien: If not. . .that's fine, I guess. . . .

Marinette: Adrien. . . .

Adrien: You know, I think I've always had at least a small crush on you. . .it's just, I never really noticed it because I was blinded by my feelings for Ladybug. I never would've thought it was you under the mask. (he smiles)

Marinette: I. . .I've always had an enormous crush on you Adrien. (she laughs nervously and Adrien brightens) But, I always thought that Chat Noir was a huge flirt. I thought that was his annoying personality. But, when I found out it was you, everything changed. My feelings are mixed Adrien; I don't know how to feel, I-

She gets cut off with a kiss from Adrien. It catches her by surprise. He pulls away after a few seconds.

Adrien: It's okay, m'lady. Let me know when you figure it out.

He walks into the school, leaving Marinette a blushing mess. Tikki pops her head out.

Tikki: You just got kissed by Adrien!

Marinette: And Chat Noir. Tikki, why are emotions like this?! They're tearing me apart!

Tikki: I think I know why.

Marinette: Do I truly love him? I don't know!!!!

She puts her head in her hands.

Tikki: Think about it, Marinette. You may not figure it out today, but give it some time.

Marinette: Yeah.

Tikki: How do you feel when you're around him?

Marinette: I don't know! Happy? Excited? Weird? Everything is just really confusing.

Tikki: It'll settle down eventually. Just give it some time, you'll figure it out.

Marinette: (giggles a little) What would I do without you, Tikki?

Tikki giggles.

End.