Princess Tay La Heaven (MLP fanfic)

*When I was a filly*

🌟Tayla Starlight🌟

I always admired the sun. It's natural golden glow hypnotised me. Every morning I would get up at the crack of dawn just to watch it rise. My parents where extremely unhappy with my daily behaviour and would sometimes punish me if I made it a habit.

Ignoring them, it did it anyway. It's warm rays hit me as it started raising. My white curtains brushed along my face as a soft wind blew. I was never aloud to leave my home. Apparently I was because I was too rare to bring out into the dangerous world. I didn't mind this though because the land our house was situated on gave me a perfect view of the castle that Princess Celestia and Princess Luna lived.

I always longed to meet them and hopefully, while I'm at it, get my cutie mark and find who I'm really meant to be.

I was an alicorn. Born to a pegasus mother and a unicorn father. My door squeaked, panicking I closed the curtains and dove under my bed sheets. I even put on a fake snore.

"Time to wake up." My mothers voice was angelic, which matched her name, Angelica Starlight. Her mane showed different shades of light blue and her coat was as white as snow.

I rubbed my eyes, pretending I had just woken up.

My father was in the far corner of the room, using his magic to cover his white coat with a black robe. I didn't fully understand why he did this.

"Papa, I was wondering, could I go and play outside." I nervously turned to him. He flicked his caramel coloured mane in boredom.

"Tay, we have been over this." His low, gruff voice muttered.

"I know," I whispered innocently. "But I just thought-"

"No!" he yelled, cutting in.

I looked down but still had my gaze up. I watched my mother give him an angry look.

"Get out of bed darling." she intructed. "I'll get you your breakfast and then your father and I will go to the town.

Sadly, I rolled out of bed. Without another word, they exited the room.

-----Night time-----

I lay tucked in bed waiting for my mother to tell me the story she always does before bed.

"...once stood a pony who shone like the sun, look out on her kingdom and sigh,

She smiled and said ' surely there is no pony, so lovely or so well beloved as I'..."

(No copyright intended, for those of you that know, that line is from a beautiful song. I love it so much that I had to include it.)

Once she had finished, she kissed me lightly on the forehead.

"I love you, my darling."

"Love you too, momma."

Her sapphire eyes twinkled as she blew out the candle that lit my room dimly turning it to pitch black. She shut the door lightly with a smile.

Quickly, I sit up, open my curtains and lock my sight onto the shimmering moon. I started to wonder, how does the princess of the moon feel about everyone sleeping through her night. Little did I know that the jealously and hatred started to build up in the little sister's heart.