Chapter 2

That night I planned my escape. The next morning when my parents would go out all day, I would find away to unlock my window and make my way of of it. It's not that I didn't love my parents, it was just that I couldn't spend my childhood stuffed in my room.

I slipped the paper into my bedside dresser drawer, hoping it would be hidden from the eyes of my parents.

~the next day~

I started the daily routine. I watched as my princess rose the sun. I don't think I could ever get tired of it. How the colours of the dark sky fade into lighter shades and the clouds that were not visible just a few hours ago, had melted from orange-peach to white.

I started drawing. I tried to capture the beauty of the moment but unfortunately, I drew to slow. The sky changed to fast for me to mark it on paper.

The sun was almost up. Oh bits! Mother was going to come in any minute now.

My bedroom door flew open and a wave of shock filled my body.

"Darling? You aren't usually up by this time." My mothers face conceived a frown.

Uh oh! My curtains were still open. I couldn't shut them now, or she will be convinced I was watching the sun.

"Oh...Um, I must have gotten enough rest that me woke up early." I tried to make it sound not to bad, but I failed at that.

She eyed me suspiciously. Then she stared at the window.

She's gonna be so mad!

Unexpectedly, a smile spread across her face as she flew up and shut it.

"Oh sweetie! You forgot to shut your curtains, you silly filly!"

Phew! I was so relived.

"Oh uh, whoops!" I followed on with her story.

She lifted me up into the air and then on the ground.

"Your papa's sick, so he will be home to look after you."

This can't be happening! I thought. I could never escape now!

I tried to hide my sadness but my mother picked it up.

"What's wrong?" She shone down on me, a sparkle of concern in her eyes.

"Nothing's wrong! Just send my regards to dad." I lied.

She giggled. "Okay." Before exiting the room she gave me a solid hug.

I guess my escape plan will have to wait...