Chapter 4

I shivered as the cold wind sent a tingle down my spine.

Many took notice of me. They stared. I'm not sure why though. I decided to make my way to the giant castle. It was the main thing you could see. Small houses surrounded it.

Having almost no practice of flying, I try to hover anyway forgetting reality. Of course, I plonked on the ground.

I groan. "Stupid wings!"

A purple earth pony with light green hair approached me with a smile on her face.

"Are you lost little filly?" Her voice was rather refined.

What do I say? I don't know! I ran away from home. But I couldn't say that to her. She would just take me back.

"um... no! In fact, my mother's over there." I point to a random white mare. She turned her head backward searching the direction I directed my hoof towards.

With her distracted I run away.

A few hours later, I reach the doorstep of the castle. 2 guard pony's stopped me from knocking. They crossed their swords in an 'X' in front of the door.

"Could you please leave?" One of the guards said with no sense of emotion in his voice.

"I just want to see the princesses." I protested quietly.

"Well I'm sorry, little one but I can't let ya in." he replied.

Tears form in my eyes. I had wished for so long... just to be stopped , so close to my dream. I hung my head sadly.

I heard muffled shouts that appeared to be coming from inside.

"You really thought that I was just going to sit here and let you take all the praise? They bask in your sunlight, Celestia! They don't care about my night!" The voice apperead to be saying.

"Luna! Please calm down! We can work this out.."

"No! There can only be ONE princess in Equestria! And that princess... SHALL BE ME!"

The 2 royal guards rushed in to see what was happening. I managed a peak as they left the doors open.

It was Princess Celestia and Luna! I had finally got to see them! Not caring about anything else, I ran towards Celestia, going in for a hug.

At the moment I reached her soft coat and flowing mane, Luna had shot a beam of dark magic onto Celestia but I shielded her. I was standing in front, so I got hit full on with the beams.

No filly would have survived. Celestia could have saved me, but she didn't. I didn't expect her too.