Schizophrenic

I walk around my crowded house, searching for an exit. Although to one person, my house seemed void of any life, to me there was no room to even breathe.

The things I was surrounded by were only saw by me, only thought of by me, and only talked of by me.

They were my thoughts.

I couldn't escape them, they were everywhere. They clouded my already blurry vision, and made it hard for me to see my surroundings.

What was wrong with me?

While others thought of their thoughts, I saw them. Sometimes I couldn't even tell which was real and which wasn't. It was like my thoughts were real.

Nothing makes sense to me anymore.

All of these thought pressed against me with such force that I couldn't stand it anymore, the pressure was to strong.

I have these thoughts so often I ought to just run away.

But I can't.

My thoughts control me, they consume me. There was no escape.

Except for one.

That glistening piece of silver that shone from the cluttered drawers I had in my room. It was the only thing that could silence my thoughts, it was the only thing that mattered to me.

I embraced its unholy presence, leaving scarlet on my skin. The bittersweet feeling consuming me, and I could finally breathe.

I was free from my thoughts for eternity